JJBESTARECOGNIZE6FO

How shallow can an inverted Sub Enclosure depth be?

Currently designing a Subwoofer Enclosure for an L7 15 for a 2001 Lincoln Towncar. I am planning to build the enclosure so it would is on the rear ledge in the trunk .. my question is is it bad for partial surface of the cone to only be 4 inches away from a wall of the enclosure? The enclosure will still maintain volume required 

CABD5F41-64E7-48F1-9F1F-F277304E14F6.png

It is not ideal, but also not that big of a deal.  The acoustic resonance of the 4" space is not in the frequencies you will be playing your sub at.

3 hours ago, ///M5 said:

It is not ideal, but also not that big of a deal.  The acoustic resonance of the 4" space is not in the frequencies you will be playing your sub at.

So it should be fine? Would not cause any noise from the bass hitting so close to the wall?

You lose the space in the trunk where the drivers are if inverted, so why not use that space for the enclosure, mount the drivers properly and gain some security while you're at it?

17 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

You lose the space in the trunk where the drivers are if inverted, so why not use that space for the enclosure, mount the drivers properly and gain some security while you're at it?

I’m just building the enclosure to customers request. I recommend building the enclosure as you said, but the constomer does not want a a bulky box and also wants the space underneath for things like camping chairs etc..

Edited by JJBESTARECOGNIZE6FO