Sign in to follow this  
Killerzracing71

4 Mj 18s in My Caprice wagon

:eek5wavey:

Guys i need help alot of it

I think im sold on 4 mj 18s the price is great and i wanna make ppls jaws drop when they see it

I have a 92 caprice wagon

47x40x21" to work with (i cant go a lil more than 40 if needed i want to keep my spare tire in the back)

Okay

First how can i do it

I was gonna run 14 cubes in a clamshell design tuned to 28 hz or just doing sub up port back

what would the best option i was realy set on the clam shell i like having the subs face me Like a wall

Let me know thans

what are your goals with this clam shell... i mean are you doing the 4 mj's to please the eye.. or are you trying to do spl or street beat??

and what amp do you plan on..... 28 hrz is very very low for music. are you sure?

Guest zedman

I would like to see pictures of this install.

Well I like to make Ppls jaw drop and i want go low real low

I had a Treo TSX in my 71 Torino I loved that till my TSX blew an my Torino took a dive too

Search for it on youtube cant post a link im at work right now

I have RF T1000 BD unfortunetly I want to Eventually get an AQ 2200 later on

But im set on 4 of them MJ 18s im def going to get them Got a great deal on them

and thanks for the welcom i didnt relize this was my first post LOL

:eek5wavey:

what would the best option i was realy set on the clam shell i like having the subs face me Like a wall

Let me know thans

well just do a wall then. Cause I really dont see u fitting 4 18s in the "proper" enclosure and still have room to do a back port. 4, 15s yea. Really Id do 2-18s or either 4-15s in there and say f%ck that spare tire.

you could do the clam shell like a < facing you seen that done quite a few times.

you could do the clam shell like a < facing you seen that done quite a few times.

Yeah thats what i thought i was gonna do but I think im going to do it the easy way sub up port back

i have 21"s to work with but will just 19" clearance be enough for thoses subs

Matter fact Dietz....... i will Pm you

http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/ported...;Xmax=13&Vd =.1&NumW=3&Vb=18&Fb=28&Qts=&Vas=&Fs=&CE=0

here my newest design 19" tall 16 cubes

so how much would you recomend sir

I hit a van about 3 days ago so i have to buy a Bumper now :(

but its not that bad

subwooofertools.com only limits you to 3 subs for what ever reason so i belive that port area is only listed for 3 subs not 4 (LOL)

so how much would you recomend sir

I hit a van about 3 days ago so i have to buy a Bumper now :(

but its not that bad

subwooofertools.com only limits you to 3 subs for what ever reason so i belive that port area is only listed for 3 subs not 4 (LOL)

http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/ported...mp;Fs=&CE=0

210 sq port 28 hz 18 cubes FTW

go it if i angle the subs at an odd angle (cant paint them @ work) i belive i can fit all 4 of the subs in

I fooled the program (not hard, Just double the Xmax n make it 2, which equals the output of 4 FTW)

now that its 48.75 1.75 over my max but that is @ 19" not 21 like i made my max at