haydenlake

My Latest Project PICS!

Unfortunatly I can't take any credit for the design of this box (but Decware.com can) I only take credit for 12 hours of labor building the thing.

Keep in mind this is for a HT

Those are a pair of a/d/s/ 3 series, sweet little drivers but I'd like to see some RLI's in there.

First impressions of build: WAY harder to build than anyother box I've done so far. But seeing how this is my 5 or sixth box (ever) depending on how you count, I'm not doing too bad. Freaking rad design, I nod my head to the guys over at decware.

How does it sound, well pretty good, I only had a few mins with it this morning before work. I'm not sure it is as accurate as possible but that could very well be my build or the driver/box combo. But as far as taking an advanced generic design it worked rather well. Its really loud for a pair of 8's with 7mm of xmax. I doesn't keep up with my IDmax in the T-line but its probably just as accurate. I had my max running at 8ohm so 1400watts and these 8's are wired to 4ohm so somewhere around 2500wrms. I have the sub level around 3/4 on the receiver (supposedly 4v output!) and at about 2/3 gain on the amp.

More later, anyone have good ideas on finishing (veneer, marble, Etc.?)

later,

b

Nice work on the enclosure - looks good! :)

Lots of options for finishing.

Formica comes in nearly eight hundred gazillion different colors/textures/etc now. Wood, laminate, metal, stone. www.formica.com Might be an option.

anyone have good ideas on finishing (veneer, marble, Etc.?)

later,

b

Take a pic of your living room or whatever room it is going in and then a more educated answer can be given. As far as the box goes...very nice work. Please try some other drivers, maybe even fool with the sealed portions dims by sticking a block or two in there if you can, please. Anyways, great job and I am looking forward to your in depth review, should you choose to do one.

Wicked ones are soooo sexy!!

that looks very well done

I sooooooo want to build one of those.

Except now it'll have to wait till spring :(

Damn winter........