Sign in to follow this  
Electrodynamic

What has Nick been up to?

So I've been slammed (as usual) so without typing for an hour or more about what I've been doing I'll put it simply:

My car got in a fight with a curb, the curb won, the car is fixed (all right side lower control arms, front rotor, lower ball joint on pass and steering ball joint on driver side were all replaced b/c of the accident and I installed new shocks all the way around while tearing the car apart).

Secondly, my dad and I are installing 4 Mag 15's in our celing. That's right, four (4) Mag 15's in an IB install. Check out the pics. :rockwoot::woot:

We're not done yet b/c I busted a hole in one surround (one hand drilling while supporting myself and dad holding the woofer in place etc...I'm still pissed) so the silicone has to dry overnight. We'll be installing the top of the enclosure and the terminal strips that will wire it all up tomorrow evening if all goes well.

That is frikin awseome !

What kind of power are you running to them ?

P.S

only n00bs puncture surrounds :P

That looks like my Tempest manifold, but mine was visible through the ceiling. I had a grate over mine like yours, but it seemed to cause some noise. Took the grate off and it made a noticeable difference, but there was still some turbulence. I then proceeded to round the edges of the driver cutouts on the face and put a sealed on the wood for a smooth finish versus just paint. Noise gone.

I desperately want to see a video of these in action! I also want to see you in the attic when they're going full bore!

Just an FYI, if you didn't know, you're neighbors will be pissed! Mine complained all the time. The attic vents are great for leaking out the "noise."

Just put some confetti on saran wrap over the opening and let er rip.

I wouldnt doubt some noise coming from that cover. Especially with the amount of ar those woofers can move.

A Crown K2 is powering them. And trust me, out of anybody, if I punctured a surround..., it was hell getting them mounted with the fricking air handler in the way! PS: Eat me. :finger:

I hope the house is well supported, YIKES

Looks nice Nick. Haven't been around here as much either.... Been concentrating on sleeping, and waking up... :D

I had a setup for a short while with a Gen 2 15". Only played around with it for a couple days though, so no realworld experience. I spent almost a year completely sealing every possible leak from the trunk and passenger compartment, then hooked it up, played with it for a while, then went to work on the front stage. Never ended up finishing it as I sold the car.

I don't know if Damian has started yet, but I know he had intentions of running IB.

They'll work fine IB in a car.

We made a LOT of drywall dust come down last night as we really got to cranking on it. We clipped the K2 (2500 watts) and the Mag's were moving about a half of an inch, which is all we were able to get them moving. It's pretty cool having the low end come through sooo well with the setup. The movie The Fifth Element is just murder in the begining when the space ship pases by the camera :woot: !! I had a headache after playing with the system last night.

Nick owes me an email :fing34:

**cough, brochure, cough**

And on that note, I think it's newsletter time!

YAY! :fing34:

Could I recieve a news letter also?

No, Nick said they are to cool for you... and he told me I don't even know what a moofer is, so I can't get it.

No, Nick said they are to cool for you... and he told me I don't even know what a moofer is, so I can't get it.

:madsign:

:lurk:

Jordan's right. That's what I said about you guys. Newbs! :finger:

But seriously - I donno Denim, we'll have to talk. Newsletters only go out to SI reps so we'll have to discuss the possibility further. :peepwall: