Sign in to follow this  
keetykush

Ebay Enclosures

I've been looking at some enclosures on ebay, most of time you find yourself looking at shit. I then look at some enclosures from sonix not sure maybe mistaken. They have some decent looking builds, I was wonder if anyone has ever purchased one?. They have a box intended for a lot of the RE's but I was thinking of placing my SSD in one of them, for the time being. Any Ideas... I wouldn't mind going with Fisher Customs, since they're based out of Louisiana... but these enclosures have a pretty nice price not that I remember how much Fisher charges but yeah... any info.. and ideas would help. I am not making my own enclosure.. just to have that in the clear.

Prefabricated ported enclosures are NEVER recommended. Sealed won't matter though.

They're ported, I'll try and get a link up."Prefabricated ported enclosures are NEVER recommended." <not always Fisher Customs has some nice prefabs.

Edited by keetykush

They're ported, I'll try and get a link up."Prefabricated ported enclosures are NEVER recommended." <not always Fisher Customs has some nice prefabs.

They don't qualify as prefabricated. They ARE designed and built correctly and outperform the enclosures Sonic Electronix sells.

The Sonic enclosures aren't designed for any subwoofer in particular, they are usually tuned much too high and lack sufficient port area.

They don't qualify? They are though, here is a link to the enclosure I was mentioning Linkage.

they are usually tuned much too high and lack sufficient port area.
Yet they are tuned to 32hz as far as the port goes I'm not so sure.

They don't qualify? They are though, here is a link to the enclosure I was mentioning Linkage.

they are usually tuned much too high and lack sufficient port area.
Yet they are tuned to 32hz as far as the port goes I'm not so sure.

It doesn't say, but port area looks insufficient for a 12" in 2 cubes.

Audibel Customs is located in Louisiana not Fisher Customs.

I don't know where I got the idea they were, I guess a mix up. Out of curiosity anyone knows where Fisher Custom's is based? Never mind, now I'm assuming Kansas.

Edited by keetykush

I don't know where I got the idea they were, I guess a mix up. Out of curiosity anyone knows where Fisher Custom's is based? Never mind, now I'm assuming Kansas.

Yeah, thats what it says under his name unless he moved but Garden Plains, Kansas.

You would be better off having a local stereo shop build your box rather than buying prefab garbage. I know, I bought R/T and Atrend for years thinking I was getting great boxes. 90% are tuned to high, like in the 40 and 50Hz rang, and have inadequate airspace. Shop would probably only charge you like $100 for a single sub enclosure not carpeted. Or get one of these fine companies on the forum to build you one, the shipping just sucks in that sense. Or just start a thread to see if anyone lives in your area that would be willing to help you build a box. Most of the bassheads on here would jump at the chance to help a fellow basshead get loud, lol. Well, goodluck with whatever you decide.

First box you build yourself > any prefab!

This was just going to be a temp setup until I get my Dodge, but my plan is to either order online... most likely Fisher Customs... or I might contact Audible Customs and see if that's workable. My other option is, to go to a local shop a give them the designs for my box and I don't want no bs from them... I want the the box the way I want it, and I want it done right.

This was just going to be a temp setup until I get my Dodge, but my plan is to either order online... most likely Fisher Customs... or I might contact Audible Customs and see if that's workable. My other option is, to go to a local shop a give them the designs for my box and I don't want no bs from them... I want the the box the way I want it, and I want it done right.

If you got the money to spend, you won't go wrong with Fisher. A guy that lives by me does alot of his designs and I have personally seen and heard some of his boxes and they are ridiculously loud. I hear alot of good things about Fisher build quality also. If I didn't have a first rate builder localy, I would def buy from him.

I can vouch for BJ, I have one of his enclosures currently. It's amazing...:drink40:

Yeah I see his enclosure up on his site for an Audioque... starting at 140... unfinished but its defiantly dank. I really wanted to snatch it while I had the idea of Audioque in my mind, but I got my eyes set on a BL now.

15" CUSTOM-VENTED CAR SUB BOX ENCLOSURE 4.0 ft^3 @ 32Hz - eBay (item 200421642763 end time Jan-24-10 16:28:13 PST)

i had bought that one off of ebay and its a solid box i just need a different subwoofer later on down the line because i am using a eclipse aluminum 15 but other than that it hits hard loud and clear running off a pg xenon 600.1 just plan on adding a sub that can handle more power and a different amp

You can't go wrong with Fishercustoms boxes!

I'm using one of his boxes for my sub, and I love it.

If you're from Louisiana, look at Audibel Customs. They have a sub forum here. Take a look at their works.

Shipping will not be too high, or maybe you can pick the box yourself.

You can't go wrong with Fishercustoms boxes!

I'm using one of his boxes for my sub, and I love it.

If you're from Louisiana, look at Audibel Customs. They have a sub forum here. Take a look at their works.

Shipping will not be too high, or maybe you can pick the box yourself.

im debating on who to buy from Audibel Customs or Fisher Customs. but Audibel Customs seem to be cheaper shipped to my door

As many have stated, prefab isn't a great idea. It really doesn't take much to build your own box, ever thought about doing that instead?

15" CUSTOM-VENTED CAR SUB BOX ENCLOSURE 4.0 ft^3 @ 32Hz - eBay (item 200421642763 end time Jan-24-10 16:28:13 PST)

Port looking kind of sketchy, would like to use ebay for the priices but do not want to buy some shit lacking port area.

Bump, opinions on port area?

Ask the seller what the port width, length and height are, then we can tell you exactly if that box will work for your application.

Ok, good idea... need to find my account info, anyone ever had any decent experience or finds, with enclosures on ebay?