Aaron Clinton

Install log on the SSA Mazda's

Auto X?

Yes sir.  STX class #3.  Loads of GTi's, BRZ's, 325i's in my class.  For the first time back driving in a long time, I just want to keep it rubber side down, have a better time then the other RX8 and not do any damage.  Little worried because my modifications priority list is changing. wink.png

Was just telling SDY that I need to get some vinyl done for fun.  

post-3-0-00159700-1372434095_thumb.gif

Finally was able to get back out to the track yesterday.  The last few weeks have been bezerk and anything outside of work/SSAwork/Arthur has been non-existent.

Erica shot a few videos of my run's, just need to download them from her phone, then upload them to share.  I got a few pix from the fun when I wasn't driving.

1987 Merkur XR4ti that I got to ride along with twice:

5a0ab4c3-cddd-4cdc-b1a1-324489a6a034_zps

IMAG0369_zps5fc6db8d.jpg

IMAG0368_zps612edb2b.jpg

A few post even snaps of some of the other RX8's (there were 10 in total as we planned a little gathering, and again I was the only Shinka ;) ).

IMAG0375_zps0de22a1f.jpg

IMAG0374_zpsa4120f19.jpg

IMAG0373_zpsd3000298.jpg

IMAG0372_zps8508af7e.jpg

Was able to get the grounding kit installed on my car.  Supposed to help a much larger contact surface amount for the grounds, and aid in slightly smoother idle.  I have only put 20 highway miles on the car since installing it last night, and the throttle does feel a tiny bit touchier, no butt dyno difference, and the idle is a pinch smoother.

Adjustable shocks are waiting to be installed.

nice !!!

How to finish in style without hitting any cones, despite completely cooked rear tires while pushing to move up one spot.

So fast, so furious

"how'd he do that?"

haha

Thought you were getting new tires?

Kendell wants to go to Aaron's racing shool.

Thought you were getting new tires?

I am, just going to wait until next season or until after the shocks/ignition are installed.

Kendell wants to go to Aaron's racing shool.

If she has a helmet, she can ride along in a race. :)

Since I am still awaiting the arrival of something I have been waiting on a good while now..... the Evil will stay in the house for now, while an Icon 18 was added in for part of the daily driver rotation.  I quick weekend up at Neal's and tada, nice and solid sealed box that barely fits.

post-3-0-14694300-1382474178_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-31296400-1382474184_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-63573100-1382474197_thumb.jpg

so much for practicality.

Kids these days and 18" subwoofers! ;)

I must say the overall sound of the front end blends very nice with the ICON. With no tweets I was suprised and envious of the smooth sound.

so much for practicality.

The nice thing is I can swap it out with the sealed Dcon or ported Icon or which ever, and have truck space back. ;)

I must say the overall sound of the front end blends very nice with the ICON. With no tweets I was suprised and envious of the smooth sound.

Maybe time to sneak in some 2"~3" at the base of the "A" pillar of the 4Runner.

I vote Fountek, Fostex or maybe Dayton. 

You heard the 4runner first hand and would know what I should use. Plus you know how bright I like my music.

You heard the 4runner first hand and would know what I should use. Plus you know how bright I like my music.

Don of SDS has the TB W3-1364's: http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=264-844

They were brighter than my Founteks, maybe a little more on axis demanding, but also a pinch more towards your ear on pin point precision compared to mine.

The Aura 3" FR I have in the bedroom towers, are REALLY impressive for the price, but personally I think the Founteks are a pinch better for in cabin.

These TB's caught my eye: http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=264-812 before I bought what I have now.  I love underhung top end, as what I have now are, but these are more competitively priced.  Sean did not seem to like them all that much if I remember correctly, along with the TB 1878's I ALMOST pulled the trigger on.

I will have to look it up, but I specifically remember the Fontek FR58's getting really strong reviews, as they are what lead me to the 89's.

Don of SDS has the TB W3-1364's: http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=264-844

They were brighter than my Founteks, maybe a little more on axis demanding, but also a pinch more towards your ear on pin point precision compared to mine.

The Aura 3" FR I have in the bedroom towers, are REALLY impressive for the price, but personally I think the Founteks are a pinch better for in cabin.

These TB's caught my eye: http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=264-812 before I bought what I have now.  I love underhung top end, as what I have now are, but these are more competitively priced.  Sean did not seem to like them all that much if I remember correctly, along with the TB 1878's I ALMOST pulled the trigger on.

I will have to look it up, but I specifically remember the Fontek FR58's getting really strong reviews, as they are what lead me to the 89's.

What do you think about these ;)

http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/approx-3-fullrange/fountek-fr89ex-3-full-range-4-ohm/

What do you think about these wink.png

http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/approx-3-fullrange/fountek-fr89ex-3-full-range-4-ohm/

They are the 4 ohm version of what I have, so you have heard them before. ;)

Late to post up, but wheels and adjustable shocks are on finally.

IMAG0750_zpseeqkowmx.jpg

IMAG0757_zpsztp0qhys.jpg

IMAG0759_1_zps2zy9dtxz.jpg

IMG_20140430_220017_zps4qs07zlo.jpg

Looking good. :)

mmmm meaty!