edouble101

New Crescendo amps FTMFW!!!!!!!

Damn, 300 shipped for the 2k? These need to come out!!! I was planning on the AQ2200D, but this will definitely be my first choice if it's available any time soon.

X2!!! :drink40:

Damn, 300 shipped for the 2k? These need to come out!!! I was planning on the AQ2200D, but this will definitely be my first choice if it's available any time soon.

X2!!! :drink40:

After looking at the guts of the AQ next to the Crescendo, the AQ would be my choice. MUCH better looking board. And there is MUCH less of a chance of AQ going out of business compared to Crescendo.

Plus, AQ has a clip LED on it's bass knob. ;)

Have you ever checked to see how accurate that light really is? I would trust an O-Scope more.

Have you ever checked to see how accurate that light really is? I would trust an O-Scope more.

Yes, we have. It is very accurate. :thanx:

Your so fucking noob. The AQ3500 has dual power inputs. That's the 2000 pictured.....

http://www.audioque.com/AQ3500D1-Amplifier_p_32.html

True, sorry thats not the new one.

I think that's the previous 3500D No?

That is the older 3500. My mistake on that, but still.....

Point has been proven AQ builds better. Thanks.

Point has been proven AQ builds better.

How so?

Your so fucking noob. The AQ3500 has dual power inputs. That's the 2000 pictured.....

http://www.audioque.com/AQ3500D1-Amplifier_p_32.html

True, sorry thats not the new one.

I think that's the previous 3500D No?

That is the older 3500. My mistake on that, but still.....

Point has been proven AQ builds better. Thanks.

Eh, looks same to me minus the dual inputs.

Edit: now that they are side by side i do see other little differences.

aq350011.jpg

Dual inputs is not necessary on a 3500 watt amp, just increases cost with little benefit. Oh and it makes you look cooler.

Ok, again people start rambling off info without actually know the truth.

One, how does anyone know the AQ is better quality? As the Crescendo has not came out yet...

And the two boards Lance posted are indeed VERY SIMILAR. Which was the old 3500d, and VERY SIMILAR to another 3.5k amp.

Also, how do you know Crescendo won't have a clip light bass knob? It seems they use the same buildhouse as AQ, so I would assume they would...

Now, the Crescendo 3500d vs the new AQ 3500d, isn't really comparable because the AQ is a 4200 board, where Crescendo is a 3500 board, hence the price difference. But none the less, a big price difference for less than 1000watts.

Come on people please learn to think you post.

Crescendo produces it's power at a lower voltage and at far less THD making it capable of putting out a LOT more power when clipped.

AQ does it's power @14.4v @1%thd

Crescendo does it's power @13.8v @0.3%thd... big difference.

You'd be surprised of the BC3500d actually does the same if not better than a new AQ3500d.1 based on what i just said.

I'm guessing you can't go wrong with either model.... But for the price I'd bet on the Crescendo being a definite winner...

honestly just for sake of us talkin about crescendo...

I'm thinkin about purchasing 4 5500ds soon for my next build...

I currently have 6 AQ3500ds (old model) that i am selling because of wiring configuration, i will be able to get a LOT more power out from the crescendos.

We estimate ~1500A of current draw at full tilt on actual power.

It's gonna be a neasty build in the Scion this year.

We will see when/if they ever come out. I'm willing to bet there will be MANY problems with them. :suicide-santa:

u have a potential point since it seems that they may not even be tested prior to shipping to customer.

NOT THAT I AM RIGHT.. just an assumption...

I am allowed to purchase them now as long as i do it soon before they really really really really really really really do get here.

We will see when/if they ever come out. I'm willing to bet there will be MANY problems with them. :suicide-santa:

Well then, whats the bet you wanna make?

u have a potential point since it seems that they may not even be tested prior to shipping to customer.

NOT THAT I AM RIGHT.. just an assumption...

You know the old saying when you assume something?

While we may or may not have 2 of each amp here for testing to get real word numbers at different voltages and loads, I can assure you they will get tested.

Crescendo has no plans of closing down anytime soon. He has hit plenty of road blocks but is here to stand tall and bring what these markets need. Affordable audio at real world prices. Like was mentioned, he doesn't have a huge markup due to the direct to customer routes he is taking.

It is quality.

Just a company thats going to bring alot of attention to the market due to the pricing structure that has gotten outta hand by mainstream companies over inflating their products value to make the average consumer think high prices means better product.

Well said Jon.

"Just a company that's going to bring a lot of attention to the market due to the pricing structure that has gotten outta hand by mainstream companies over inflating their products value to make the average consumer think high prices means better product. "

Well put

If the new Crescendo amps do rated power without getting dirty, and hold up strong to abuse. I'll buy them for myself.

The 3500 looks like a champ. If the price is true and it performs, then I might have to switch from Sundown.

It hurts to pay $1125. Now we can get a very similar (or better?) amp for $580.

Just waiting to get reviews once they come out to pull the trigger :)

Help me out here, what exactly looks better about the AQ??

AQ3500

468849.jpg

BC3500D

3500d.jpg

The color looks better.

I'd be willing to bet that if they came from the same build house the use the exact same parts.

If you have the same board it's the same thing. It's not like a 2.0 TDI from an Audi is worlds different from one in a VW. Same engine, same engine performance, different engine cover though...