gentlejax

1 sundown SA8 enough?

Dude that is the biggest 8BOX i ever seen its twice the size of the box i have for my sundown sa-8's!!

Dude that is the biggest 8BOX i ever seen its twice the size of the box i have for my sundown sa-8's!!

That box looks big to me too but it says on youtube it's .6 - .7 cubes, must just have a big port.

Anyways I have 1 sa-8 and it's definitely enough if your not a basshead, it makes my car rattle and my seats vibrate.

How big of a box are you willing to use? You should figure that out first, then decide which driver to get. I would go with a single 10" ported with an aeroport to save space. A DCON would be a good budget choice. It's always better to go bigger than you think you'll need. You can always turn it down.

That box looks big to me too but it says on youtube it's .6 - .7 cubes, must just have a big port.

Anyways I have 1 sa-8 and it's definitely enough if your not a basshead, it makes my car rattle and my seats vibrate.

Small boxes and low tuned ports are not small on the outside. Nowhere near.

I would use a 10 in a trunk. Only time I would use an 8 is on a very space dependent install where the sub can be mounted with nothing in between to block sound

Small boxes and low tuned ports are not small on the outside. Nowhere near.

This. ^^^ With the space used to build a box for a ported SA8 you could also build a box for a pair of sealed 10. I heard some Fi X 10s, sealed in .5cuft ea. They definitely got after it. Granted it was four of them in a Magnum, but a pair in a sedan could be comparable.

I don't see how you can't tell anything from the extensive YouTube video coverage of the SA 8. I shut down Times Square NYC when driving through with 1 SA 8 in the trunk of my 5 Series BMW and Morel Virtus 402s in the doors. All you could hear was my car out there. I was running a cheap Kenwood then with a match pp82dsp. Upgraded to a JL Audio RD500/1 for the sub.  I like SQ with a little bit of boom. At lower levels you should get great SQ, but if I was going that route I would get a 10 inch Morel in a sealed box. JL subs are fine, but you still get a little buzzing from the rubber. Morel has extremely tight , articulate bass. 

Edited by J MANIAC XYZ

On 3/17/2023 at 8:55 PM, J MANIAC XYZ said:

I don't see how you can't tell anything from the extensive YouTube video coverage of the SA 8. I shut down Times Square NYC when driving through with 1 SA 8 in the trunk of my 5 Series BMW and Morel Virtus 402s in the doors. All you could hear was my car out there. I was running a cheap Kenwood then with a match pp82dsp. Upgraded to a JL Audio RD500/1 for the sub.  I like SQ with a little bit of boom. At lower levels you should get great SQ, but if I was going that route I would get a 10 inch Morel in a sealed box. JL subs are fine, but you still get a little buzzing from the rubber. Morel has extremely tight , articulate bass. 

Woah, Times Square!