edouble101

Brooks Ghost 6 running shoe

I needed new pair of running shoes badly. I have a high arch and neutral pronation. I tried on a few different brand shoes and bought a pair of Brooks Ghost 6. The Ghost 6 fit my arch the best and has very good comfort without excessive padding. What really set this shoe apart is the flexibility of the sole at the toe area. Flexing my foot, standing on my tip toes, there is very little resistance from the shoe.
This is the first shoe that I experienced this with. I'll update in month or so after i have +40 miles on them.

Shoe review on an audio forum, rofl. wink.png

If this subsection is not appropriate for this, delete this thread. 

Capture_zps7d4a81c2.jpg

edit...spellling

Edited by edouble101

nice.... I'm a fan of merrell shoes myself..... do alot of running or just needed a new pair of kicks?

I needed new pair of running shoes badly. I have a high arch and neutral pronation. I tried on a few different brand shoes and bought a pair of Brooks Ghost 6. The Ghost 6 fit my arch the best and has very good comfort without excessive padding. What really set this shoe apart is the flexibility of the sole at the toe area. Flexing my foot, standing on my tip toes, there is very little resistance from the shoe.
This is the first shoe that I experienced this with. I'll update in month or so after i have +40 miles on them.

nice.... I'm a fan of merrell shoes myself..... do alot of running or just needed a new pair of kicks?

I was definitely over due for new running shoes. I bought more Asics than any other brand. I did not shop for a certain brand this time around. This is my first pair of Brooks.

I run 12-16 miles per week. This gives me the ability to eat my wifes cooking without getting fat :)

If this subsection is not appropriate for this, delete this thread. 

Capture_zps7d4a81c2.jpg

edit...spellling

Dude, it's off topic.  I just found it funny. *wink*

:mrspam:

Edited by Aaron Clinton

updates? I dont run often, but most shoes that i buy aka my nike+ shoes are starting to fall apart from just the treadmill

updates? I dont run often, but most shoes that i buy aka my nike+ shoes are starting to fall apart from just the treadmill

Since wearing these Brooks I have improved my 4 miles time by over 15 seconds a mile. The time lose was instant and I have been getting faster since. Most deep calf pain I was experiencing has been relieved (more-so due to the fact that I needed new shoes, may not be only attributed to the Brooks). The Ghost 6 is the lightest road shoe that I ever worn. The shoe is very flexible and breathable. When I lace the shoes up I feel like I am putting on a well constructed running shoe. They are seem to fit my foot perfectly, there are no loose areas in the shoe.

I have changed my running terrain to all off-road. I no longer run on the pavement. The Ghost 6 is providing good traction and support. I also use a pair of Inov-8 X-talon 212 for muddy trails. The X-talon is a much different shoe and I have been enjoying the reduced drop. 

I give the Brooks Ghost 6 two thumbs up. They are definitely worth trying on if you have a neutral pronation and do not require a high level of shoe stability.