edouble101

Favorite Recipes

Do you have a favorite food recipe? Post it up! 

Here is one of my favorite breakfast recipes :

Oatmeal, cottage cheese, egg, banana pancakes :)

1/2 cup oatmeal (Quaker oats 100% natural whole grain) 

1/2 cup lowfat cottage cheese (Friendship 1%)

3 whole eggs

1 banana

Grind all the ingredients in a food processor minus the banana. Mash the banana into the mixture. Pan fry the mixture with coconut oil (the MCT oil is an added bonus) into 4-6" round cakes. Makes 4-5 cakes depending on size. I top the cakes either with honey or peanut butter but taste great with nothing else added. A buddy of mine likes to add coco to the mixture. 

Good sources of protein, carbohydrates and fats. They are very filling.

Approx :

Carbs : 60g

Protein : 40g

Fats : 16g

nice!! looks yummy ... I'd go fat free on the cottage cheese but that's me... I wish I had "recipes" but I just mix what has the nutrients I need...

Just ate:

5 egg whites 

2 slices canadian bacon

1/2 cup corn 

1/2 cup rice 

Protein:  47g

Carbs:    58.5g

Fat:        4g

I fcking loved it but don't know who else would

Plain whey isolate (50g ish) + bit of water + few cups of berries. Beat it with a mixer until it fluffs, and throw it in the freezer for 30 minutes.

What is friendship 1%? I've never heard anyone describe a food product as friendship before.

I'd go fat free on the cottage cheese but that's me...

And if they made "extra fat" cottage cheese I'd buy that. Watch what shit they put in instead of the fat and you may not want that fat free stuff.

If I wanted chemical free, I'd be doing alot more than shopping at the fcking grocery store... so oh well... I'll take the chems ... lol

What is friendship 1%? I've never heard anyone describe a food product as friendship before.

And if they made "extra fat" cottage cheese I'd buy that. Watch what shit they put in instead of the fat and you may not want that fat free stuff.

True, many fat free foods like to dummy it up with extra sugar.

Fat is good for you, chemicals not so much

Yes, that is true.

it can be

It's a name brand from the Friendship daries in Friendship, NY. It's a small dairy plant and basically the only reason that town still exists. There just isn't much lse for n town work there.

J

Friendship is the brand name. It is imo the best tasting small curled cottage cheese and they pack 16g of protein into a 1/2 cup serving :) All of my local grocery stores sell it.

Shogen you should educate yourself on fats. The benefits of a high fat diets out weigh the negatives.  Unfortunately most people consume their saturated fats along with high sodium processed products and/or over consume. Highly processed, refined foods will harm you much faster than a high fat diet will. I am not Dave Asprey lol so you will need to do the research yourself :)

BTW my morning coffee has 30g of saturated fat and no it isn't buletproof ;) 

Ha, funny. When I read friendship 1% I was thinking it was some diet scale or something along those lines. Brand name never entered my brain.

Oh, and sugar is the devil, fat isn't.

And btw, I am more than willing to post up recipes but need someone to say what they'd like. I don't cook with recipes, just a knife but that doesn't mean I couldn't pen some things down.

I'll let the secret out to my top notch recovery drink:

Chocolate Milk

- 2 cups of whole milk

- 2 tbsp Hershey's chocolate syrup

Approx:

Carbs : 37g

Protein : 17g

Fat : 16g

After a good cardio or weight lifting exercise your body's insulin sensitivity is high. This is beneficial in getting nutrition to your muscles for repair. This is what we want, muscle building. The sugar and fat in chocolate milk is immediately used as energy and a transport of protein and other nutrients to your muscles. After a cardio (running for me) I drink a big glass of chocolate milk. After weight lifting I drink a big glass of chocolate milk with an added scoop of whey isolate and bcca's.

Chocolate Milk

- 2 cups of whole milk

Approx:

After a good cardio or weight lifting exercise your body's insulin sensitivity is high. This is beneficial in getting nutrition to your muscles for repair. This is what we want, muscle building. The sugar and fat in chocolate milk is immediately used as energy and a transport of protein and other nutrients to your muscles. After a cardio (running for me) I drink a big glass of chocolate milk. After weight lifting I drink a big glass of chocolate milk with an added scoop of whey isolate and bcca's.

If you want to be anal about it, you would be better off skipping the fats until a little later (IE when you aren't eating a bunch of carbs) because you can't use fat for energy when insulin is high, so the fat is pretty much going straight to storage. Edited by ssh

Chocolate Milk

- 2 cups of whole milk

Approx:

If you want to be anal about it, you would be better off skipping the fats until a little later (IE when you aren't eating a bunch of carbs) because you can't use fat for energy when insulin is high, so the fat is pretty much going straight to storage.

I am glad you posted that. Might be better with skim milk then!

I love my almond milk with protein shake ... and egg whites, spinach, romaine, kale, almond milk shake ... .... then .... dun dun dun ..... some whole wheat something or another  if I want more carbs.... recovery done ... but honestly usually don't do the protein shake as I get in a good amount of protein from food... 

I love my almond milk with protein shake ... and egg whites, spinach, romaine, kale, almond milk shake ... .... then .... dun dun dun ..... some whole wheat something or another  if I want more carbs.... recovery done ... but honestly usually don't do the protein shake as I get in a good amount of protein from food... 

Nice! I love almond milk as well. I was making my own for a while. I was doing similar to you with the shake, I would have it for breakfast. It was good but I was losing weight like crazy. Now I have the pancakes I posted for bfast and a kale salad late in the morning.

I've hit a wall with weight loss... I lost 6lbs a few weeks back doing an extremely low carb diet... and only allowing the carbs before/after workout <30g a day ... I've kept like 4.5lbs off but I need to go lower.... Maybe 176lbs and then just continue on a strength training kick ... I probably need more cardio to lose the weight now ... sadly find it hard to exhaust myself without a pre-workout drink in the cardio realm ... weights I go ham without anything but a small meal/snack in my belly and water

Nice! I love almond milk as well. I was making my own for a while. I was doing similar to you with the shake, I would have it for breakfast. It was good but I was losing weight like crazy. Now I have the pancakes I posted for bfast and a kale salad late in the morning.

I've hit a wall with weight loss... I lost 6lbs a few weeks back doing an extremely low carb diet... and only allowing the carbs before/after workout <30g a day ... I've kept like 4.5lbs off but I need to go lower.... Maybe 176lbs and then just continue on a strength training kick ... I probably need more cardio to lose the weight now ... sadly find it hard to exhaust myself without a pre-workout drink in the cardio realm ... weights I go ham without anything but a small meal/snack in my belly and water

A few months ago I needed to kick start my metabolism. I did 15 minutes of HIT first thing in the morning and ate bfast two hours later. I shed 5lbs in a week without any other diet changes. My preference for HIT is burpees. I would do 90-100 of them in 15 minutes which isn't a very fast pace but definitely got things moving.

Brisket Flat, 3 different methods, all fairly the same. Substitute whole brisket if you prefer/have the room. I've heard people call it "Atlanta style" when using a Coke & ketchup based sauce.

1.) Preheat oven to 325. Slice up a couple medium white or yellow onions. Rub down a brisket flat with your favorite seasoning. Sear the brisket in a skillet on both sides; maybe 2 minutes for each side. Remove the brisket from the skillet and set aside. Saute the onion slices until brown; about 10 minutes. Line a 9x13 dish with onions in a nice, even layer. Put the brisket on the onions. Pour 16 oz./2 cups of your favorite barbecue sauce over the brisket. Cover with a foil and cook in the oven until done. Maybe 3 hours. Remove baking dish from the oven. Remove aluminum foil from baking dish. Wait at least 30 minutes before carving.

2.) Line the bottom of a crock pot with 2 medium sliced onions. Rub down a brisket flat with your favorite seasoning. Place the brisket on top of the onions. Pour 16 oz./2 cups of your favorite barbecue sauce over the brisket. Cook on low until done. Probably 6 hours. Wait at least 30 minutes before carving.

3.) Fuel up the smoker and get a fire going. Rub down a brisket flat with your favorite seasoning. Stick the brisket in the smoker and cook until the internal temperature hits about 165F. Remove brisket from the smoker. Line a disposable aluminum baking dish with, you guessed it, 2 sliced onions. Brisket on top of the onions, sauce on top of the brisket, cover it with aluminum foil, and back on the smoker until done. At least 3 hours total. Remove baking dish from then smoker. Remove aluminum foil from baking dish. Wait at least 30 minutes before carving.