rockiron

SP415 build. port tuned low?

Ordered an SP4 15. I'm designing my box and would like some opinions on lower tuning, 25-28ish hertz.I'll be running a crescendo bc3500. I know the "norm" is to have port tunng a bit higher, and my current sub is tuned to 32 (SSD 15) I was hoping to get some thoughts

It depends on what you like. I've had a 32 hz tuning, 26 hz tuning and 21 hz tuning. I like the 26 and 21 hz tunings. Play very flat.

Why not? It models flat tuned to 25 hertz in win isd. Fs of the sp4 is 27 I believe. I prefer to not have any peaky response when designing, cabin gain will provide plenty of that. It just seems that the standard issue answer of what to tune to is in the low 30's,,,this is for daily music pounding,,, I want loud but don't care about numbers

I tune my personal enclosures low  , my current sub is tuned at 26hz 

can't stand peaky bass ... I can not even listen to a sub tuned any higher than 35hz for more than  burp

Why not? It models flat tuned to 25 hertz in win isd. Fs of the sp4 is 27 I believe. I prefer to not have any peaky response when designing, cabin gain will provide plenty of that. It just seems that the standard issue answer of what to tune to is in the low 30's,,,this is for daily music pounding,,, I want loud but don't care about numbers

Model it with cabin gain and then choose flat, it'll be self explanatory then.

Gonna need to measure cabin gain.

I have a measurement mic,, been too cold lately to mess with it. Thanks to all for the advice