Sign in to follow this  
bigrank916

How much CLD/CCF/MLV for my car?

Ah, up in sacktown.

I would stick to the game plan of just the doors with LLP.  I mostly pointed all that out so that you would understand your car is reasonably quiet compared to alot of cars out there.  As far as the rods in body, they are called crash bars.  I guarantee you will find one running horizontally inside of the door.  Pack the buytl rope behind that.  If the roof supports are not glued to the exterior panel I would also put some there.  Basically places like that,  as it is cheap sound deadener.  The spray in foam is also very cheap sound deadener.  It serves two functions,  first it applies pressure to the panels so they cannot move and vibrate,  secondly it will stop any noise that is traveling through the body  cavities.

I will point out the car above was done to that extreme to keep the bass in,  not to keep sound out.  I had 12 inch mid basses in the door any 15 inch BTL sub. I wanted it knock my head around and be violent.  Which it was!! :)

3 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

Ah, up in sacktown.

I would stick to the game plan of just the doors with LLP.  I mostly pointed all that out so that you would understand your car is reasonably quiet compared to alot of cars out there.  As far as the rods in body, they are called crash bars.  I guarantee you will find one running horizontally inside of the door.  Pack the buytl rope behind that.  If the roof supports are not glued to the exterior panel I would also put some there.  Basically places like that,  as it is cheap sound deadener.  The spray in foam is also very cheap sound deadener.  It serves two functions,  first it applies pressure to the panels so they cannot move and vibrate,  secondly it will stop any noise that is traveling through the body  cavities.

I will point out the car above was done to that extreme to keep the bass in,  not to keep sound out.  I had 12 inch mid basses in the door any 15 inch BTL sub. I wanted it knock my head around and be violent.  Which it was!! :)

Sactown the mack town  lol.

Yeah the doors seem very doable with the LLP. I will agree it is indeed much more quiet than most of the cars i've owned. I will be running with the foam inside the crevice idea. I think I've seen the crash bars in the doors but i'm not sure. The foam I will keep in there as well. Just add some CLD under it.

I guess i forgot to add that. I too would like to keep the bass inside the vehicle but also two fold in keeping the sound out. I've been eyeing the Fi team series woofer...so yes i too would like it violently loud lol.

I will tell you from personal experience, the gain was not worth the cost and effort. 

One more thing to give you perspective. If there is a noise that shouldn't be there after the R&D does all their nips and tucks, and the car is produced. Someone like M5 is who they call, to locate the noise and/or give a cost effective remedy/band-aid to resolve the problem. Nothing is an absolute, everything is a compromise. One thing they don't do is call a dampener company, and buy one of everything. 

Last car we optimized we pulled out more than 30lbs of deadening which was almost half the stock package and still managed to pull out 8dB of panel noise from the car.  The previous package that we optimized was developed with a combination of FEA, classic modal analysis with accelerometers, and sysnoise.  They wanted to cut cost (imagine that) so they hired us to optimize the placement post design.  Huge difference and saves the manufacturer over $100k/mo.