Sign in to follow this  
Megalomaniac

Love story Mag reunited with me :)

Solved the problem by selling the MX & buying a mag again :D

I bought another mag, turns out it was my exact same mag i had owned before mx. It got damaged(cosmetic) in shipping. packaging could have been better. but i'll live. :grouphug:

IMG_0358.jpg

IMG_0354.jpg

IMG_0364.jpg

No more mechanical noise at least woot. here is the difference

th_MX.jpg

th_MVI_0365.jpg

th_MVI_0366.jpg

SI>RE it seems. Also, which sub was louder?

Edited by bose301s

Now you have to keep it for life. Love that sub, and the scratches give it character. ;)

I think the inverse mounting looks sweet as well, always wanted to try it, but never have.

Nah, it looks like those scratches are there to stay. You can only buff out slight scratches but those look DEEP. Congrats on getting the sub back though!

Man that MX is DEEP!!

any way to rechrome plate it?

Nope. Re-chroming the back plate won't solve the scuffs and chips, it will only polish the chips up. And even then, the back plate and pole piece would have to be seperate from the rest of the motor...which would cost more in the long run than just buying another Mag.

That Mag's ass looks a lot like the current one I have that also got damaged in shipping

10.jpg

FYI: The original packaging eliminated the scratches on the back plate. We used to put information in the packages telling customers to keep the original foam since it was custom-cut for that exact woofer, but no one held on to it for some odd reason. :(

I keep all original packaging just for that reason. The Mag I currently have was sent to me in a less than perfect shipping container. This was purchased from someone on another forum, this is how it came.

2.jpg

I honestly don't know how it survived. It was a miracle. I literally reached my hand into the hole and pulled out a subwoofer.

4.jpg

Sorry to jack your thread with this packing nightmare

You should have seen the pics of the SPL Mag we had built a while ago. It had a lot of special additions that our Mag's don't have (even the glue was different), and it arrived to us in a standard box with no packing. Come to find out, the original packing was GONE from the build house and they re-packaged it in a box with no packing at all and then cut out the cardboard around the shipping label from the original box and taped it onto the box the woofer arrived in. The guy who delivered it said "I thought it was a bowling ball the way it was rolling around." The motor on that driver was f*cked - the pole/backplate had shifted due to how much it was thrown around and there were tiny magnet shards all over the place.

I'll see if I can dig up the pics when I get back tonight.

You should have seen the pics of the SPL Mag we had built a while ago. It had a lot of special additions that our Mag's don't have (even the glue was different), and it arrived to us in a standard box with no packing. Come to find out, the original packing was GONE from the build house and they re-packaged it in a box with no packing at all and then cut out the cardboard around the shipping label from the original box and taped it onto the box the woofer arrived in. The guy who delivered it said "I thought it was a bowling ball the way it was rolling around." The motor on that driver was f*cked - the pole/backplate had shifted due to how much it was thrown around and there were tiny magnet shards all over the place.

I'll see if I can dig up the pics when I get back tonight.

ouch, why would they do that? thats insane

Well, neither of them would really have mechanical noise if they were IN the box.. would they?

honestly ive listened to so many of the MX's now and yours was the only one i EVER heard with that noise, and just a few days ago one was inverted and was fine

FYI: The original packaging eliminated the scratches on the back plate. We used to put information in the packages telling customers to keep the original foam since it was custom-cut for that exact woofer, but no one held on to it for some odd reason. :(

yes, I regret throwing out the foam inserts as well. They were great!!! but no biggie, I am never going to get rid of this mag anyways..... well unless I upgrade to the new version.