SoundSplinter

The Times They Are A-Changing...

updates.jpg

Greetings loyal customers, fans, strangers, veterans and nooblets alike. It is with some dismay that I am here to announce an increase in our direct sales pricing that will affect all SoundSplinter products. As many informed online audio enthusiasts are already aware, our producer (original equipment manufacturer) has recently decided to move towards full scale retail distribution in conjunction with some incredible markups along the order of 100% - 200% per unit.

Though initially hoping that these markups would not affect our OEM pricing schedule, it turns out that indeed they will. As a result, future production costs for the SoundSplinter brand are increasing substantially. Given my extremely thin margins and relatively low production volume conjoined with a value oriented customer base, this puts me in quite an awkward position as my production costs have suddenly eclipsed my asking price!

Fortunately I have been able to secure two additional contracts for product delivery through the end of the year. Rather than throwing in the towel, I'm going to try to make this work for both myself and my customers. However as I refuse to compromise the quality of the products offered, the prices on both the Ignition and Premium Series line of drivers will have to increase along the order of 17 - 22% per unit. While this is unfortunate, I still firmly believe that these rates will prove to offer a very fair value for DIY enthusiasts (and a downright exceptional value when compared to similar drivers that will debut in brick and mortar retail outlets come 2008!).

So without further ado, the new rates...

• RL-i8: $199 single, $185 each for multiple units
  • RL-i10: $215 single, $200 each for multiple units
  • RL-p12: $295 single, $280 each for multiple units
  • RL-p15: $335 single, $310 each for multiple units
  • RL-p18: $420 single, $390 each for multiple units
  • RL-s12: $450 single, $410 each for multiple units
  • RL-s15: $580 single, $535 each for multiple units

For forum members that have been on the fence about a purchase and are experiencing some shell shock by this rate increase, I am happy to honor my original pricing through the 31st of this month. That gives you more than two weeks to pick up a fantastic product at an increasingly scarce and awesome value. All you have to do is PM me through the bulletin board stating your intended order along with your complete shipping address, email address and phone number.

You guys rock more than you know, and I would like to express my most sincere thanks to those of you who have offered your support and friendship over the past several years with not only your purchases but especially the kind words you have shared about myself and my business, and I hope that you will bear with me during the coming year as I plan my next steps.

I will be the first to admit that the extended future production on the current lineup of SoundSplinter products lies in the balance. Nevertheless, I want you to rest assured that should SoundSplinter ultimately become a legacy brand, I will keep a small inventory of drivers on hand for any warranty service that may need to be addressed, or will refund the original purchase price of the driver should no replacement be available at that time. In other words, though production may ebb and flow, customer service will continue to remain a priority as long as there are customers to serve!

sun.gif So here's to the future... Unknown and exciting! yingyang.gif

Damn those OEMs.

Good to see Mike still keeps CS on top of everything else.

And besides, you were giving the drivers away.. think of this as a long awaited bonus.

Hehe, if only it was a bonus! crazy2.gif

Alas, my profit take is pretty much the same as its always been - with the exception of a small inventory of drivers that were purchased under a previous agreement. But I do mean small... like, less than 50! :Doh:

So without further ado, the new rates...
  • RL-i8: $199 single, $185 each for multiple units
  • RL-i10: $215 single, $200 each for multiple units
  • RL-p12: $295 single, $280 each for multiple units
  • RL-p15: $335 single, $310 each for multiple units
  • RL-p18: $420 single, $390 each for multiple units
  • RL-s12: $450 single, $410 each for multiple units
  • RL-s15: $580 single, $535 each for multiple units

Still pretty respectable prices for quality moofers if you ask me...damn OEMs and such...

I had a feeling this would happen. Mike you have a strong following and I hope SS can ride this wave out.

I am glad to have my RLp15 and hope it does not become a museum piece.

How many others downstream are being effected by TC's increases? I don't even know who they do OEM for anymore, besides SS.

Sorry for the pains, if there is something we can do we'd be glad to.

Wow, but I still stand behind SS, and will continue too. I'm in for the long haul. :popcorn:

mike, you are and will be, the measuring stick for all internet dealers as far as customer service goes. i think SS will always be around due to that. even with the markup, you are offering a quality product at a very reasonable price.

and i know this, i'll always be a fan, of the product and the man behind it.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Mike, im really sorry to hear about recent events. I apperciate all the advice you gave me over the last year or so. Soundsplinter was one of the first ''internet based'' companies that I had every heard about. The rep you established with your subs and your outstanding customer service is very well known. I dont think the price jump is that bad, I mean look at the difference with TC Sounds subs and REs compared to a year or too ago.

The only regret I have is that I didnt have the money to purchase a brand new pair of RLP 15s from you recently. I have the used one, but I may just save that for some home theater use, and save my pennies and get the real thing.

Outstanding products and great customer service will always outshine any trouble times ahead, def consider me a fanboi!! :thanx::thanx:

Same here i'll always be a fan, of the product and the man behind it. CS cant be beat even if I live in HI.

Aloha

Just shot you a pm about picking up some rli-8's before the hike. Sucks to hear about the price hike, but SS are great woofers and will still continue to buy in the future. Thanks!

I think I heard the rli-8's were out of stock..but I dunno..

Aloha

Well poop, hope not. I dug my last pair, wish I'd a never gotten rid of them. I need something for my truck on relatively low wattage. The rlp12 was fun, maybe I'll have to give another rlp a shot.

I have a sundown 3000d sitting around, wonder if that would be too much on two rlp-18's sealed...backseat of my truck would have to go, but oh well :)

Edited by duece212

I would go that route 2 rlp18's on the sundown 3000d.. I think it would sound great...

I was thinking of doing the same with only 1 rlp18 ported on the sundown 3000d...lol

Aloha

I would go that route 2 rlp18's on the sundown 3000d.. I think it would sound great...

I was thinking of doing the same with only 1 rlp18 ported on the sundown 3000d...lol

Aloha

Actually just ordered up the two 18's this morning. Going to start tearin the backseat out of the truck and start building. Unfortunately I won't be able to afford an alternator and batteries for about a month.

I'm about 99% sure I'm goin sealed, but when I get the back of my truck stripped I might just have to see if ported will fit, just outta curiosity :)

I think I heard the rli-8's were out of stock..but I dunno..

Aloha

Well poop, hope not. I dug my last pair, wish I'd a never gotten rid of them. I need something for my truck on relatively low wattage. The rlp12 was fun, maybe I'll have to give another rlp a shot.

I have a sundown 3000d sitting around, wonder if that would be too much on two rlp-18's sealed...backseat of my truck would have to go, but oh well :)

I was actually going to do the same thing, I even have the saz3000 but I decided to go with the 15" Revos (against better judgement) instead. Please let us know what it sounds like when u get it finished yeah.

at those prices, it is still a good deal. I would not trade my rl-i8's or my rl-p12 for anything...

Glad I could be a past customer, and wish I needed more so I could be a future customer..but these just won't quit!!