Sign in to follow this  
Trixter

Power Bass XS15Dv2 Review

XS15Dv2

Specs:

FS: 29Hz, Qms: 3.7, Qes: .38, Qts: .35, Vas: 89.6, Nominal Imp.: 2ohm + 2ohm, SPL 1w/1m: 91.5dB, X-max (one way): 13mm, Pe: 1000w rms / 2000w peak, Freq. Res. 20Hz-500Hz.

Physical characteristics:

-Triple layer non-pressed Kevlar composite paper cone.

-Chrome plated single piece cnc machined back plate and extended pole piece.

-Black anodized high temp multilayered aluminum dual voice coils.

-High excursion dual oversized black conex linear spiders with woven tinsel leads.

-Die-cast aluminum twelve spoke basket with voice coil perimeter aerovents.

-UV treated rubber surround.

-260oz. Double stacked magnets.

Amp used: Cadence A7hc - 1200w rms @ 1ohm

SQ / Box used: 3cu' tuned to 28Hz

I have been playing around with the sub for the two months now. At first I though the SQ was awful. After using different box designs, and it got broken in, my final conclusion is that for an SPL driver the SQ is not that bad. I have my amp X-over set to 250Hz. The higher tone bass is slightly distorted and laking, but if you want smooth lows it has plenty of room to spare. Another nice thing about this driver is that the extreme lows (>30Hz) can get really loud with out a lot of cone excursion. For this reason, the 1000w rms becomes more like 1500w rms. (Remember the box)

SPL / Box used 4.5cu' tuned to 46Hz

I figured that there was no way that the PBX could duplicate what my 15" Brahma could do; I was wrong. In this box their numbers are identical. It seemed like there was no bottoming out when I would play low frequency bass songs. The Brahma would never be able to handle this for long play (aprox. 30min.) as the PBX did. I think that the power rating is greatly underrated and that it is a great compitition sub.

Over all - 1 through 5

SQ - 4

SPL - 4.5

Top View. (Sorry...big flash)

pbx5.JPG

Nice basket shot

pbx16.JPG

Along side the Brahma

pbx6.JPG

pbx7.JPG

pbx8.JPG

any numbers with it?

I remember seeing a PB sub at da grove... don't remember much more than that.

On the new TL the best I have done is a 143 with 1200w @ 46Hz.

After talking with a few people that also have Cavaliers, the freq to be played is 37-41. This would make sence since I was doing consistant 146's with the Brahma in a lower tuned box on the Lin-X. I have just finished a new PBX box that peaks at 41Hz so we'll see how that does.

hey out there, i would like to thank you for your unbiased review. I am capt. ajax, the vice president of powerbass. I invite all members to allow our box builder general, john alvarado, to assist ya'll with box dimentions. e mail me and I'll put you on to a true box scientist. LET'S ROCK...

hey out there, i would like to thank you for your unbiased review. I am capt. ajax, the vice president of powerbass. I invite all members to allow our box builder general, john alvarado, to assist ya'll with box dimentions. e mail me and I'll put you on to a true box scientist. LET'S ROCK...

welcome to our board, hope you come around more :D

glad to see you guys from powerbass here...

i build boxs and would like to get with one of your guys to talk about a few designs...

so if john is the guy to talk to can i have his emaill....

jamie

Capt. ajax back on board... if you need to contact our box builder general, Johnny Alvarado, of Powerbass USA, use my e mail ajmulhern@powerbassusa.com and I'll forward your request. I promise we'll get back to you ASAP. The better we can make these bad boyz sound, the more we can show our stuff. That's the point, right? Up and down the highways and byeways, wether you listen to Rap, or Rock.. we gotta pimp our music. Hey if anyone out there has any "pic's" w/ the "PowerBeast" send em to my mail and there's a chance we can put em' on our web site.. PREPARE TO BE BLOWN AWAY... out!

Glad to see you guys finally showed up....been waiting.

Welcome to the board!! B)

I am really happy with the outcome of the PBX. I will be competiting with it in two shows this weekend. I have a new box and hopefully get some better numbers with it. I'll post with results.

you can also post what box designs here in the forum,john pops in and out reading the posts so im sure he would have no problem

replying ....just a thought :D ......and if he cant get to it i can help you out

Capt. ajax back on board... if you need to contact our box builder general, Johnny Alvarado, of Powerbass USA, use my e mail ajmulhern@powerbassusa.com and I'll forward your request. I promise we'll get back to you ASAP. The better we can make these bad boyz sound, the more we can show our stuff. That's the point, right? Up and down the highways and byeways, wether you listen to Rap, or Rock.. we gotta pimp our music. Hey if anyone out there has any "pic's" w/ the "PowerBeast" send em to my mail and there's a chance we can put em' on our web site.. PREPARE TO BE BLOWN AWAY... out!

hey ya capt my name is ron and i am runnin two of the pbx xs-15dv.2 subs and play with the audio control meter and did 150.9 @54 hz in a caravan i've competed in slapshow.com usaci,and meca not with these subs yet but i'll see next year .... one question the subs are 2 ohms right but when i bridged the subs to 2 ohm dvc to the amp it is reading 2.5 ohms they are not true 2 ohm coil why is that ....i use a memphis mojo amp @ 14.4 amp does 2000 @ 2ohms but i am not getting the full 2000 cause the subs are reading 2.5 ohms i'll send you pics if you like e-mail me at rcorreia@nationwideladder.com and i will reply with some pics for ya

thank ron

I have been using the 15's since july of 04. I run in USAC in the 0-300SS powr class. I run 4 of them with 2 Orion 275G4's and they are great subs. I hold the world record in my class and they helped m win a World Championship. I am looking forward for the 05 seson and trying out the new Amps. I'm looking to have the loudest CRX in the country this year. :slayer:

Joey Daniels

I have been using the XS 15's since July of 04 and i am very happy with them. I run in USAC 0-300 SS and these subs help me set the World record in my class and win a World Championship. I am looking forward to the 05 season and trying out the new apms. I am planning on having the loudest CRX in the country this year with the help of Powerbass. :slayer:

I have been using the 15's since july of 04. I run in USAC in the 0-300SS powr class. I run 4 of them with 2 Orion 275G4's and they are great subs. I hold the world record in my class and they helped m win a World Championship. I am looking forward for the 05 seson and trying out the new Amps. I'm looking to have the loudest CRX in the country this year.  :slayer:

Joey Daniels

welcome to TeamSSAudio.com Joey, thats some sick numbers, I would love to hear your car :woot:

I have been using the 15's since july of 04. I run in USAC in the 0-300SS powr class. I run 4 of them with 2 Orion 275G4's and they are great subs. I hold the world record in my class and they helped m win a World Championship. I am looking forward for the 05 seson and trying out the new Amps. I'm looking to have the loudest CRX in the country this year.

Why are you setting the crossover so high on the XS15". You are wasting power reproducing frequencies that you yourself said are muddy. Try 80hz -100hz and below. Ron @ powerbass

any questions or comments please send to (IMAKMUZIK@AOL.COM) my Powerbass address is not opersating properly at this time.

i just picked up 4 ES-15Dv.2 might need a box design for them i want to put them in a wall... any sug? im pushing them with 2 soundstream 1700d's

Edited by pwrbass

i just picked up 4 ES-15Dv.2  might need a box design for them i want to put them in a wall... any sug? im pushing them with 2 soundstream 1700d's

I am not sure on a wall design, but post some pix of your equipment if you get a chance. :fing34: