Kanaworm$

OldSkool_08 DCON Build Log and Review

Ok here are pics of my 10" DCON that I won... :bigclap: . Also I will be posting my build log and review as I go. So here are the pics.

Arrival:

DCON10D42.jpg

Open:

DCON10D41.jpg

Angle view due to glare

DCON10D43.jpg

Side view

DCON10D44.jpg

Another side shot

DCON10D47.jpg

Another

DCON10D46.jpg

And the @$$ shot

DCON10D45.jpg

And finally with the SSA Stickers... :clap:

DCON10D48.jpg

This speaker is built like a tank. Build quality is top notch and the attention to detail is flawless.

I am hoping I can get started on the box's this weekend. I am going with 2 boxes. 1 sealed and the other ported to see what this thing can do and compare.

The wife as expressed an interest in this sub, she would like it for her vehicle. :wacky:

Looking forward to this.

What will be feeding it and whats it going in?

The wife as expressed an interest in this sub, she would like it for her vehicle. :wacky:

Now that's a woman!!!

Does she have a sister? Her phone number?

Oh yeah, nice lookin' sub there ;)

Will be powering this with either my old PPI PCX-1250 or my old Orion Extreme 400.

Will be testing in my "sig" vehichle.

No sister...Sorry.... :D

:liar:

:liar:

She does have a brother who still lives at home! :finger:

:) :) Great looking sub ;). Look forward to your findings, just give it fair time to break in before you give it your final review. :)

Box build going on as I type. Wood has been cut and now on to the assembly.

But time out for a beer and grilled chicken breast! :drink40:

Pics to be uploaded as soon as the wife is home with the camera.

Would like to give a big Thank You to Aaron for giving me more time than the 2 week deadline. Had to weather multiple spring blizzards and alot of overtime at work.

So let the build commence!

Box is 1.3 cubes and tuned to 33hz.

was wondering when the giveaway builds would show up...

Still think I shoulda won... :)

No worries, I know what it is like being held back by the weather.

Here is what I took while I was building. Actually it is after I was done building. I am bad at taking in progress pictures.

DSC01760.jpg

DSC01768.jpg

No paint in the port was in a hurry.... :Doh:

DSC01769.jpg

Carpet job was ok am a little rusty since I haven't done carpet in awhile.

DSC01770.jpg

Testing will begin tomorrow after I swap out my SAZ-1500D for my PPI PCX1250

The carpet doesn't look too bad at all. What would make it look so much better is a painted port though!

Really looking forward to this one, as the other three reviews were done on 12's, so a review on the 10" will be awesome. Box looks great, no worries on the carpet as I know I could not do as good as you did. ;) I am thinking it should be a sweet combo with that very nice PPI amp. :)

Got this in today and fired up for the first time with my old PPI PCX-1250 500 watt mono block. All I have to say is for 1 single 10" woofer with this little power this is just plain a monster. All I had in the truck at the time was Gorilla Zoe "Don't Feed The Animals". This woofer has some sick low end response and decent output.

I will evaluate more as the woofer breaks in and I have a chance to adjust to match up with my 2 way comp set.

:fing34:

Got this in today and fired up for the first time with my old PPI PCX-1250 500 watt mono block. All I have to say is for 1 single 10" woofer with this little power this is just plain a monster. All I had in the truck at the time was Gorilla Zoe "Don't Feed The Animals". This woofer has some sick low end response and decent output.

I will evaluate more as the woofer breaks in and I have a chance to adjust to match up with my 2 way comp set.

:fing34:

:bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap:

Well, I think I have given this woofer more than optimum time to break in. So here is my attempt at a review.

First off this is a "Beast" of a low powered woofer. The low end extension is impressive to say the least. It handled everything I could throw at it and it just wanted more. The overall impact of "Into The Pit" by Testament off the "First Strike Still Deadly" CD was just plain sick. It had all the impact of a higher powered woofer but the sound quality was just unbelievable. Next up was "Heavy Fuel" by Dire Straits from the CD "On Every Street" this song has great bass through out the song that the DCON just laughed at. The bass notes were hit with accuracy, authority and vibrated the CD cases off the center console with ease. Next was Young Jeezy "Put On" off "The Recession" CD I think this song needs no introduction as to the amount off "Bass" in this song. The DCON played this with ease, The amount of air the woofer moved in my truck was impressive to say the least. It had a decent amount of flex and made it impossible to see out the rear view mirror all the while sounding incredible.

I had some young kids say it blew away there pair of unkown 12's. Even the local Digital Designs and Rockford Fosgate dealers were impressed by the sound quality and output.

SSA has created a "MONSTER" with the DCON line. If anybody is on a low powered budget and looking for a great sound quality woofer this line is for you.

Awesome review. Thanks for sticking it out and giving the driver a fair and well balanced review. I hope more people will look towards the Dcon for less over the top systems, or multiple sub woofer set ups. This driver surpassed our expectations, and just want more people to be able to check them out. :)

i was just reading this and.... i got four of these 10'' monsters on they way! :wacky:

i was just reading this and.... i got four of these 10'' monsters on they way! :wacky:

You won't be disappointed! clap.gif

Sounds like a nice budget woofer.

I am thinking next year I may check these out or maybe if money allows the icons as either or will drop right into my box, which is 1.0cft @ 34.

Nice box by the way and impressive review.