Trinidad..

That explains a lot.

yeah genius.... :glare:

fishfightsmiles.gif

Trinidad..

That explains a lot.

fishfightsmiles.gif

totally agree with you scott..im from trinidad..its obviously an idot*most of em here in car audio are*..if you look at how the suspension tears its clean from where it is glued..over excursion anyone??....to tell you how stupid they are..*i love to make fun of my own ppl..lol* i went to a car audio shop called*shams* and i buy an 8' eminence mid..i ask the guy what's the impedence of the speaker...he says..*its independence....and goes on to ask me if i know what im buying..and im only 16**

Trinidad..

That explains a lot.

fishfightsmiles.gif

totally agree with you scott..im from trinidad..its obviously an idot*most of em here in car audio are*..if you look at how the suspension tears its clean from where it is glued..over excursion anyone??....to tell you how stupid they are..*i love to make fun of my own ppl..lol* i went to a car audio shop called*shams* and i buy an 8' eminence mid..i ask the guy what's the impedence of the speaker...he says..*its independence....and goes on to ask me if i know what im buying..and im only 16**

Independence Day ---> thats a great movie independence.gif

Trinidad..

That explains a lot.

fishfightsmiles.gif

iconlol.gif

thanks guys, i got the info i was looking for.. just wanted to make sure it was user error and not a speaker fault.. and that was adequately proven..

thanks again..

so after waiting alomst 2mths now,dealer refuses to supply kits,and all the speakers failing,i've gotton fustrated and decided to scrap the entire speaker and see what the problems are for myself so here are the pics-

CIMG1166.jpg

the speaker^^^^^

CIMG1167.jpg

the problem^^^^^^^

CIMG1168.jpg

no suspension^^^^^^

CIMG1169.jpg

yes that's hot glue you are seeing there^^^^

CIMG1170.jpg

oh lookie here a scraped coil on only one side where the suspension ripped first

CIMG1171.jpg

hmmm damage^^^^^

CIMG1174.jpg

very low grade foam and it is untreated^^^^

the speaker has 2 liniar poly cotton spiders and a pressed paper cone

the coils are black resin coated copper,and the lead wires are very thick and well designed

well thats about all that is good^^^

here's the bad parts-

so this is what has happened to this sub-

the coil was not properly set,and thus was scraping against the magents and plates causing it to literaly rub out and fuse out,by this happening, the entire speaker went off balance causing the suspension to rip apart, which was already seeing problems from the humidity down here, and clearly is 2 layer

the softpart assembley is stuck together using steel epoxy and hot glue,this is somthing you don't see every day,even in th cheapest speakers

the suspension is stuck down with black silicone and the spiders with epoxy steel

questions?/answers/conclusion-

Q=what happens to hot glue when heated?

A= it becomes liquid thhus loosing all strenght and letting go

C=so there is a good chance the coil could of unstuck and more prolems

Q=untreatred 2 layer foam in trinidad?

A= trinidad is a high heat high humidity area

C=the suspension will dry rot after 1-2mths

Q=epoxy?

A= yes epoxy which can easily crack under movement

C=the proper glue used is call CA,and it's quite expensive

Q= silicone?

A= this works well given that it is a rubberiszed version

C= good choice for attatching foam to aluminum

Q=coil?

A= good quality copper,great quality resin, good former

C= decent quality

Q=Spiders?

A= poly cotton works very well and has a long lifespan and can stretch very well

C= great choice,with good quality

my total conclusion-

most parts in this speaker are of great qulaity,but the assembly proceeure and quality of worksmanship is poor

being at this, the parts are not readily avalible

IMO

this speaker isn't worth it, espically for trini's

So this guy went ahead to post this, same guy as before...Now WTF,I mean seriously dude, stop trying..

Man those things have been ABUSED!!! Look at the coil color - underpowered my a$$. Someone mechanically ripped those things apart.

What forum is he posting all that on? Would love to see what people have to say.

oddly enough that coil looks worse than the Diamond d1 I decided to destroy with my strapped saz-1500d's... And I used one sub in a spl box built for two 10" transducers, tuned ~42 hz...

I had very similar results to my speaker. I abused it, and that's what sub woofers do when abused well beyond their thermal and mechanical limits... I wish I could find the pictures of my d1 experiment.

Thanks man, not a lot of people locally here in Trinidad know of the AA brand and its guys who misuse them talk the most sheet about them...Its always great to have someone with experience set the records straight...

I posted on that forum. . .

Good. Someone needs to protect from BS.

You can read his reply, but I thought this was funny:

"somthing is telling me these wern't new subs i purchased, from the kind of construction i've seen, and now that you've mentioned it,they seemed repaired already"

huh?

It sounds like Brian is providing some good information on that forum. :bigclap:

It sounds like Brian is providing some good information on that forum. :bigclap:

Seriously thank god, sometimes I read stuff on that forum from that guy, huh.....

Reading posts by that Rover guy on there is annoying because he used "d" instead of "the" all the time.

Reading posts by that Rover guy on there is annoying because he used "d" instead of "the" all the time.

Yeh apparently they can't speak english properly, no wonder they can't read and understand simple english - DON'T ABUSE YOUR SUBS

rofl at this thread

I know the box builder and i always question his massive slot port designs...

You guys proved him wrong big time tho.

Fly me to trinidad..i'll fix them lol. :)

oh noes ... lol ... sometimes its hard for some people to accept when they`ve made an error

but i will never question a design by scott and nick ... from FRC to now

Did you see his latest post over on the first forum link?? Customer had adjusted the bass boost and gain to max!!

Not to mention - those boxes were 2.2 ft^3 tuned to 45 Hz.

There isn't any 'dry rot'

That's what happens when you play one of the subs under tuning with that surround body and it rips it to shreds...it's not dry rotted lol :)

Wow, he rolled over the dirt huh? ;)