j-roadtatts

J-Roadtatts Honda Accord Build

Nice fab work.

Thanks. I grew up in my dad's deisel mechanic shop and he took "pride in workmanship" So you could say I learned from the best. This might explain why I build things so Heavy Duty?

Also you are only as good as your tools....

No words but 2 thumbs up man, keep the pictures coming.

Got lot of little stuff done today before work. I primered, painted, siliconed and bolted the battery tray in. Sprayed the underside with alittle rubberized undercoat I had laying around. Also got all the woofer mouting holes drilled and the T-nuts installed!!!

I need to finish the new spare tire mount, and I should be real close to installing the box. My car has been torn apart forever now with NO tunes, NO back seat and a shit load of trunk road noisetrippy.gif .. I am so ready to get this system in, I just can't hurry it. With all the planning though everything should fall together Quickly when its time.

Excellent fab work with the metal dude. It looks tits! This is how you fit all your shit in the trunk. Tight like a tiger!:lol:

Id probably tack it down in the corners or something just to make sure it doesnt move. Unless this is for easy removal in the future, then what you suggested will be fine.

Make sure you arent traveling to Mexico anytime soon too! Hidden compartments at the border...:suicide-santa: FTL!

I've already played that senario out in my head. fryingpan.gif

Good thing the top can easily be seen.

Actually after i sprayed the undercoat on the bottom, the battery tray blends right in at first glance.

Got 40sq ft of dampener put in today. I got my nephew to help, he did all the rolling and I did the fitting. Good to learn while you earn. He just turned 18 and got his first car his week. The car he got already has all the power and 4 ch rca's ran. We are wiring up an amp, his two 12's and some front speakers probly tommarow. He's a lucky little f*cker to have his uncle to help him out.(and give him a sweet custom tatt)

Anyways here's some pictures of the progress.....

med_gallery_10399_356_526361.jpg

med_gallery_10399_356_786225.jpg

med_gallery_10399_356_426038.jpg

med_gallery_10399_356_418455.jpgmed_gallery_10399_356_748637.jpg

I still need to do the the front floor and decide where I'm doing the Luxury Liner Pro? I am planning on doing the front floors and the front doors first, then maybe the front of the rear wheel wells next?

That will probly be the four sheets of LLP I have.

PLEASE Let me know what you guys thing because this is my first time deadening and with LLP.

I would love to from someone thats used the Luxury Liner Pro? let me know what you guys think?

I see an attractive lady helping as well :)

Ordered 4 more sheets of LLP and another 40 sq ft of Damplifier. I also ordered 15 more feet of power wire from knu konceptz, should be enough wire to finish all the power. I got the car put back together also. rolleyes.gif

GOD I should be close to installing the box. You know what the say: 7 P's= Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Peformance......tongue.gif

Ya I do nice work, just not very much of it.laugh.gif

Looks like you sprayed foam in all the gaps of the floor, did you spray a lot or what (I need to do my floors), it didnt make the metal expand up also did it? Thanks since the foam can be a cheap fix until I purchase my foam and foam to lay on floor. Did you put any foam on the floor between the mlv and dampener, just curious since I didnt see any pictures of it layed down unless you skipped pictures on it?

Looks like you sprayed foam in all the gaps of the floor, did you spray a lot or what (I need to do my floors), it didnt make the metal expand up also did it? Thanks since the foam can be a cheap fix until I purchase my foam and foam to lay on floor. Did you put any foam on the floor between the mlv and dampener, just curious since I didnt see any pictures of it layed down unless you skipped pictures on it?

I only filled the seat rail part. What you see in the picture is just what came out the holes. I am debating filling the bottom door jam and a-b pillars because I think they all connect together and noise travels through them like a cave or tunnel. this will be VERY LAST thing I do if at all. Probly make the car not crumple like it's suppose to in a wreck though?

I glued the LLP right to the damplifier, I think the glue is important because otherwise theres open space under and noise can travel easier. also connects all layers to create one thick layer.(metal,damplifier,CCF,MLV)

The foam does not possess the force to bent the steel. I think the foam would not expand all the way before bending 18-16ga steel.

I am REALLY excited to do around the box because this will encase most of the rear wheel wells with the foam. I think the foam is very effective in holding a panel from resonating.

Edited by j-roadtatts

Yeah the foam definitely helped with my trunk lid when it had a problem, made it seem solid instead of hollow as well.

Looking good, I cant wait to wrap my trunk in damplifier. That box is coming closer to be doing done and you having some eargasms(courtesy of Duran) :woot:.

Looking good, I cant wait to wrap my trunk in damplifier. That box is coming closer to be doing done and you having some eargasms(courtesy of Duran) :woot:.

Thanks Jay :)

Slow going, this is my 2 day's off worth. I only worked on it about 8 hrs.

I wasn't going to dampen the trunk but decided I should. Knowing even with a sealed trunk, noise was still created. After stating in my other post that blocking all outside noise wasn't possible, I realized I should dampen. this way if/when I demo the car no outside rattle!smile.gif

Box just needs the back screwed on, carpet glued, and foamed in. I also got the rest of the 1/0 ga wire, LLP and 40 more sq ft Damplifier.

I have been using headphone's for a month now.ohmy.gif

I have been the head phones route and portable dvd player sitting on the dash board or passenger seat FTL.

Looking good bro :drink40:

I have been the head phones route and portable dvd player sitting on the dash board or passenger seat FTL.

The best part is I keep trying to turn down the HU....funny shit.

only continues to look better. smile.gif

Thanks Brother.smile.gif Everything should start to come together pretty quickly now.sonic.gif

this is starting to look good , still a lot of work though !