Sign in to follow this  
soundmekanixdan

vlx3de

I have not seen many out there yet so it might be hard to get info outside of US Amps directly.

anyone? im having trouble finding info on this amp other than the specs on the website....does it do rated power?

The VLX3DE will easily do the 2400 rms that it is rated @ 14.4. It will do 2K rms @ 13.4

All the VLX amps look sexy.. wish they were carried at more locations or sold on more sites.... :shrug:

My brother just picked up a vlx3de the other day. working on putting it to work on a fi audio 18" n2...lets you guys know what it can do.

:drink40:

My brother just picked up a vlx3de the other day. working on putting it to work on a fi audio 18" n2...lets you guys know what it can do.

Ever get this amp installed dimp??? I am curious about this one...

Brother to Dimpthepimp^^^

I bought a VLX4150 and a VLX3de I got them both installed. I don't know why, but the 4150 popped all the fuses on the front and had a internal direct short the first time it was turn on. I also had no audio from the new sub, but that turned out to be a problem with the sub. Once I got the 4150 back from re audio and the sub back from the shop.

The 4150 worked fine and I notice they hot glued/epoxy the double stack circuit boards to help secure them,these amps have a clear bottom plate. The VLX3de preformed o.k. It was running at a .5ohm on one Btl N2 18 w/four batteries, 50 farad cap. and one stock alternator. Voltage drop was a problem as it would go to 10'ish if played long(working on a second alt.) Then...it quit, the vlx3de would come on but no sound. Pulled it out and found the double stack circuit board came loose, I pull the clear cover off and pushed it back down. Installed and it worked great :bump: for about a week and it came loose again. Pulled it back out,found same problem and I went ahead and hot glued the edges of that double stack circuit board to help it from coming loose(as I noticed it was done on the vlx4150). Got it back in and installed and super! :bump: It was great for o-about 6 weeks then one day it wouldn't turn on :WTFBubble: Pulled it back out again (really tired of this now) and the double stack circuit board was o.k. and I hooked up some tester leads and could not get it to come on. I pulled the cover off and look around and nothing, no smell, no burnt parts, I have no idea. :rofl2:

Butttt: I got a used crescendo 3kwp today :fing34: and I'm off to the races- not really.

I am going to get this second alternator purchased and put on before putting this new amp is in, as that was what I was working towards before the VLX3de stopped working. All I know is the day before it quit I was into the rock and roll , not slamming the bass a lot, then I notice it wasn't on. :puzzled: It is not mounted on the speaker box and has 2 runs of zero gauge wire to the back. I don't think it was happy at .5ohm and the voltage wasn't the best but ???????

I also noticed they not selling these amps on this site anymore and I wonder.

I will get it fixed, it looks really good, then sell it.