Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

As far as lifting technique’s, I have used Tony Gonzalez and Ryan Humiston this year. They have some good shoulder workouts and are very thorough at explaining form. 

Beyond that very in tune with my own body. So I’m good at picking my own regiments based on what gives the best resistance. If I ever want to get full on yolked, I will get more serious.

Most of my workouts consist of about 3 to 5 yoga techniques, such as side plank push-ups, side bends or inverted pikes. And an equal amount of Weight lifting. Depending on whatever body part I am working. I switch between reps and timed intervals, depending on my mood. Definitely get Hella cardio going with the timed intervals.

5 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

As far as lifting technique’s, I have used Tony Gonzalez and Ryan Humiston this year. They have some good shoulder workouts and are very thorough at explaining form. 

Beyond that very in tune with my own body. So I’m good at picking my own regiments based on what gives the best resistance. If I ever want to get full on yolked, I will get more serious.

Its not you, its me. Lol

What I'm saying is Chris does dumb shit like having his buddies take off weight while he is squatting. Real bad idea and shouldn't be sold as a drop set.  I see that and I'm pretty much done with someone.  I'm sure I could learn something from him but the high risk of joint damage that most of his motions produce will destroy shit over time.  Because I don't have connective tissue like everyone else I have to chose the maximum impact on my health with the minimum wear and tear. 

If I wasn't me I would probably be in some unregistered MMA club playing who's shin snaps first. I completely respect that every type of moving your body is valid the same way I think plastic surgery or tattoos deserves respect. Telling other people that the thing your doing is a good idea for them when it's based on preference instead of informing is frustrating however.  

I digress, because the truth is you're looking amazing and if you feel good the who cares.  :D

Edited by dem beats

5 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

Most of my workouts consist of about 3 to 5 yoga techniques, such as side plank push-ups, side bends or inverted pikes. And an equal amount of Weight lifting. Depending on whatever body part I am working. I switch between reps and timed intervals, depending on my mood. Definitely get Hella cardio going with the timed intervals.

Whats your favorite movement for the QL and psoas??

I keep trying new stuff but I'm in agony. 

You know about this too Jared, over time, adrenaline and its ability to completely nullify pain in some cases can result in some bad choices. 

Because of my pain disorder I had to learn the difference between normal pain thats toughened tissue and when I've moved into tissue damage. My shins for example are super sensitive... but thats because I bashed the crap out of them trying to make them tougher. Thin line between getting as tough as you can and causing trauma. Lol

1 hour ago, dem beats said:

Its not you, its me. Lol

What I'm saying is Chris does dumb shit like having his buddies take off weight while he is squatting. Real bad idea and shouldn't be sold as a drop set.  I see that and I'm pretty much done with someone.  I'm sure I could learn something from him but the high risk of joint damage that most of his motions produce will destroy shit over time.  Because I don't have connective tissue like everyone else I have to chose the maximum impact on my health with the minimum wear and tear. 

If I wasn't me I would probably be in some unregistered MMA club playing who's shin snaps first. I completely respect that every type of moving your body is valid the same way I think plastic surgery or tattoos deserves respect. Telling other people that the thing your doing is a good idea for them when it's based on preference instead of informing is frustrating however.  

I digress, because the truth is you're looking amazing and if you feel good the who cares.  :D

I miss fighting!

4 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

I miss fighting!

Its good times. 

I didn't Ike team sports because I never had a team that tried. So I got into sports that were me vs me.  Martial arts I never really saw as me vs someone.  Same as wrestling. Its more like a video game where I'm just working the math and leverage to deal with the input I'm getting. If I get my ass whooped i care less about the actual outcome, just that I don't fall for the same thing and that I improve. 

Bad teammates ruined me young. Lol

22 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

You should know by now, I like my men like I like my women. A little on the chubby side. :lol:

I am kind of chubby

22 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

And actually he comes off as kind of arrogant to me. But then again I probably come off that way to most people. :D

Well I definitely do.  Is that a problem?

1 hour ago, dem beats said:

Its good times. 

I didn't Ike team sports because I never had a team that tried. So I got into sports that were me vs me.  Martial arts I never really saw as me vs someone.  Same as wrestling. Its more like a video game where I'm just working the math and leverage to deal with the input I'm getting. If I get my ass whooped i care less about the actual outcome, just that I don't fall for the same thing and that I improve. 

Bad teammates ruined me young. Lol

Interesting.  I only liked team sports...but only if I liked my team mates.  Otherwise I jsut don't care if I win at sports.  I will NEVER let my friends down though. 

18 hours ago, dem beats said:

Whats your favorite movement for the QL and psoas??

I keep trying new stuff but I'm in agony. 

I will try to stretch twice a day. Either five minutes on the floor before I work out, or at a minimum throw my leg up on the handrail a couple times a day and touch my toes.

The elliptical machine works well. I am a power walker. If I’m taking more than a couple steps I walk with my hips in front of my shoulders and lunge from the hips. And take stairs either two or three at a time. 
As far as exercises I really like the half wipers and side bridges. Rollovers feel good. Lots of leg lifts and cross crunches. Anything with a twist or bridge seems to do the trick. 
as far the QL. I do the majority of my lifting standing up. If I have correct posture and technique I can feel the lift engaged all the way to my QL.

Then you know then I go hike a shit load. Like 35 miles in three days in Moab. Or 20 miles in one day. Or go hike 13-14k peak. 

10 hours ago, ///M5 said:

I am kind of chubby

Tall trumps everything for me! :D

10 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Well I definitely do.  Is that a problem?

Tis why we get along so well. There’s a fine line between confidence and arrogance.
But anyone that knows either of us knows we are both very kind, humble, and speak from the heart. Not to mention about as easy-going as they get.

for me it is a pre-programmed technique to deter people I do not want to be around. :lol:

Speaking of fighting. I am almost back to doing the full splits and kicking head high! 

Don’t know if I have enough teeth left for many more rounds of kickboxing though LOL

6 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

for me it is a pre-programmed technique to deter people I do not want to be around. :lol:

Yep.  Have to remember not to use that on some of my wives friends sometimes.

Well, this is lovely, still no snow, and now it's 6.8°f (feels like -5.8°f).  

We have the same garbage.  I don't mind the cold, but fucking snow!!!!

16 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

We have the same garbage.  I don't mind the cold, but fucking snow!!!!

Exactly this.  Winter needs snow.

We have like half an inch.  I'm the opposite of you guys though.  I like the anow, yet despise the cold.

7 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

We have like half an inch.  I'm the opposite of you guys though.  I like the anow, yet despise the cold.

Having the temps in the 17.6°f - 30°f range is not bad.  It's not too cold, get some good snowfall in that range, and can enjoy being outside.

But here it likes to drop to the -4°f to -22°f and colder range.  We get days where with the windchill we hit -40°f.  That shit sucks.  A couple years ago we had almost 2 full weeks of -15°f at which point it started ice raining at that temp... Couldn't fucking drive as you couldn't keep the ice off the windshield.

I know.  17.4 - 17.5 drives me nuts. :P

I don't even mind the uber cold but ONLY if there is LOTS of snow.  I can dress for cold and while I would prefer it to not be I will take that over 40F and brown nonsense

Merry Christmas fellow SSA forum peeps.  Hope tomorrow finds everyone well, and enjoying the festive spirit.