Sign in to follow this  
Quentin Jarrell

Ethos and Trident preorder

Just spoke with Nick. Looks like the motors will arrive close to thanksgiving.

Better time frame as we get closer.

Are there anymore pre orders available still.

You posted in a thread where it said the orders were closed, that should answer your question.

Are there anymore pre orders available still.

I had a customer dial back his order due to buying a different car.  I have 4 available for sale.  if interested go to the dss website and contact me for details.

Q, if the ethos is your daily sub entry into the market, where would the trident fall in line? Is it going to be strictly a spl sub? Or a higher power option for daily pounders? Or a different category altogether?

Q, if the ethos is your daily sub entry into the market, where would the trident fall in line? Is it going to be strictly a spl sub? Or a higher power option for daily pounders? Or a different category altogether?

The "type of sound" from the Trident will be similar to the Ethos. The FS, vas, and Qts are similar. However it will handle power differently.

Most sub's Xmax is rated at 70% bl. Which means that for example if a sub has 10 mm of windings in the magnetic gap once it move enough so that 7 mm of windings are in the gap this is the the rated Xmax or the point of which distortion is audible by the motor. (Off topic but important. The general rule is that at 70% BL distortion is audible. But there is what's called masking effect. This means that the louder your system is the less we can perceive distortion )

The trident was purposely designed with a higher Xmax per BL than the sups pension and frame can handle. This wasn't to keep the SQ better but to keep sensitivity up in return taking less power to play the sub.

For example if the Ethos and Trident were in the same series or level with all other parameters being the same it would take nearly 30 percent less power to reach 32mm Xmax on the trident versus the Ethos.

Which comes down the main advantage. It take more and more power to hit Xmax when your box gets smaller and smaller. So since you only need 70 percent power you can use a box roughly 70 percent smaller

Can I preorder trident yet

Not quite yet. Hoping in a week or so.  I'll open sales on facebook.  I only have 35 available so keep a look out.  

Quentin,

What is the delivery time frame looking like for our October Ethos?

Thanks!

Not quite yet. Hoping in a week or so.  I'll open sales on facebook.  I only have 35 available so keep a look out.

Anticipation is rising, hoping I can get one of the 35 that will be available.