Randal Johnson

Randal's GMT400 "Phantom Dually" Build

Getting closer to our "Phantom" goal !!!

gallery_5_7_44545.jpg

Jackpot!

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 8:17 PM, Travis said:

Jackpot!

My thoughts exactly.

That's awesome!

4 hours ago, Travis said:

That's awesome!

Plans was to install low profile tires, but those big tires look SOO sick !!! If I keep the tires, I will have to install fender flares on the front.

The truck that I got all this from has front fender flares (I think). I will check this week. 

I'm absolutely loving the build Randal!! Color, stance, the whole package. 

Keep the pic's a coming!!

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 10:49 AM, j-roadtatts said:

I'm absolutely loving the build Randal!! Color, stance, the whole package. 

Keep the pic's a coming!!

Thank You Sir !!!

My Son trying to be a camera dude ...

gallery_5_7_9017.jpeg

Note to self ... Get that damn front bumper valance back on this truck !!!

upload_2019-4-10_1-9-22.png

upload_2019-4-10_1-9-55.png

Got all my low profile tires mounted, balanced, and installed onto the truck !!! Much Better !!!

Making progress. 

On 4/10/2019 at 10:21 AM, Aaron Clinton said:

Making progress. 

Got a co-worker in Biloxi (2.5 hrs away) that going to do all of the body work to my Dually Fenders.

Took the truck up to B&M Audio and Tint for a tint job and hopefully a frame notch. 

Dually Fenders are done dude !!!

upload_2019-8-22_18-24-44.png

Can't wait to get these fenders mounted to the bed !!!
Time to get back to work on the Phantom Dickle !!!

dude thats pretty awesome!! I just recently bought a 97 z71 for work and doing a little audio stuff to it but thats sick what yall did 

Thank you Sir. 

The primary goals for this truck Is not too far from being done, which is the static 4/6 drop and the Dually conversion. 

I have two other projects with Audio / Video in the works so not much (if any) Audio will be going in this vehicle. 

For me and my son, this is an old school project paying homage to slammed full sizes and mini trucks. 

What I'm seriously considering is a double diamond tilt bed setup. I don’t remember ever seeing a Dually Tilt Bed low rider back in the day. Should be fun !!!

thanks for posting !!!

My dad 2 years ago bought a project truck that we are going to make nicer but not show quality! He bought this 1977 Chevy k10 because his dad had a 1979 Chevy k10... This is the state that the truck is in now... but it’s actually put back together 100%.. took it for a quick drive and the clutch bell crank fell off come to find out we need to do a rebuild kit for clutch fork and other things.

E6896664-3319-4485-B9C4-ACD635A35248.jpeg

Damn, just thought about something. I haven’t got around to notching the frame. Shit. This really needs to be done before I reinstall the bed. 

6 hours ago, GavinGood said:

My dad 2 years ago bought a project truck that we are going to make nicer but not show quality! He bought this 1977 Chevy k10 because his dad had a 1979 Chevy k10... This is the state that the truck is in now... but it’s actually put back together 100%.. took it for a quick drive and the clutch bell crank fell off come to find out we need to do a rebuild kit for clutch fork and other things.

E6896664-3319-4485-B9C4-ACD635A35248.jpeg

Nice Ride Sir.

Yeah when I redid the cab bushings on the 77 I was planing on using Eastwood rust  encapsulator. But money was tight so we just cleaned the frame good and put it back together....

Woot woot to progress! Love the Old Iron!! 

Sadly the most recent pics will not load for me. Tried on the phone and computer as well. ):

Not sure what’s going on with my pics. Uploading them straight up to SSA(well, one of the sister sites) servers. Hadn’t changed the way I upload them for years. Not sure what I need to do ????

thanks for posting brother 

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 10:01 AM, j-roadtatts said:

Woot woot to progress! Love the Old Iron!! 

Sadly the most recent pics will not load for me. Tried on the phone and computer as well. ):

OK, Thinking my problem is my Shitty IPhone setting up pics in different formats and I'm just now catching it.

Let's try a couple more. If it work, I will straighten out this thread. Thank You guys !!!

Got my fenders bolted up and ready to test fit on the truck !!!

Got the ole Medium Duty out to help me get the bed back on the truck this weekend. Made everything much easier !!!

gallery_5_7_107936.jpg