Sign in to follow this  
Tacosys

ATTN: Jacob :D

7000 or 5000 watts ?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. What size amp?

• 7000 watts
    • 5000 watts

I have talked to several other Team Sundown members and all of us seem to want the same thing, bigger amps:D Its ok running several 3000D's(becomes a space issue) but it would be very nice to have a 5k or even a 7k. I am sure there is a big enough market that these would sell. Everyone wants big power now and this would do the trick. For the other people that would like bigger Sundown amps please post here!

wow 7k..i was just wondering on average about how many watts do members of team sundown run in competitions?

For this to happen I need the following:

1) At *least* 30-40 pre-orders for them.

2) Paid up front

3) Willing to wait 60-90 days to receive the amps

Otherwise it won't happen any time soon.

If enough people are interested I'll work out pricing and post it up and start a list. A deposit would be required to sign on to the list and full payment required once the list is filled. If the list is not filled then deposits would be refunded.

For this to happen I need the following:

1) At *least* 30-40 pre-orders for them.

2) Paid up front

3) Willing to wait 60-90 days to receive the amps

Otherwise it won't happen any time soon.

If enough people are interested I'll work out pricing and post it up and start a list. A deposit would be required to sign on to the list and full payment required once the list is filled. If the list is not filled then deposits would be refunded.

Get some price quotes for us. I have an idea of what they will cost. I am down for 2 though. And for comps right now I am running 2 3000D's^^

Would be cool to see, but I definitely don't need anymore than my 1000D

I had not even considered a bigger amp for 2008 but my Team Sundown guys seem to REALLY want a larger amp.

Also... if this amp is made I will have a very strict requirement for warranty - 300+ amp alternator output minimum or you are on your own.

An amp this size WILL be able to draw 700+ amps of current. If you think you need something this big be prepared to install dual alternators and a several batteries. This would NOT be the amp to install on anything resembling a stock electrical setup.

my future plans include 2 nightshade 15's and 2 saz 3000d's.... but as stated... i dont really have room for two... but i do have room for one 3000 but maybe double stacked like the maximus maybe???

what would a 6 or 7 k cost 2300 or so?

I had not even considered a bigger amp for 2008 but my Team Sundown guys seem to REALLY want a larger amp.

Im down for it. Jake you know i asked you this same question a while back. Get us some quotes sir..

if you make an amp big enough and at the right price then i imagine that you can get alot of people running other brands to switch, maybe something to think about.

my future plans include 2 nightshade 15's and 2 saz 3000d's.... but as stated... i dont really have room for two... but i do have room for one 3000 but maybe double stacked like the maximus maybe???

what would a 6 or 7 k cost 2300 or so?

I won't throw out any cost estimates yet - if cost scales to power output I would expect around $2499 MSRP on it.

Obviously if I put together a pre-sale those that go in will get an excellent deal since they will have to wait for a few months.

Also... if this amp is made I will have a very strict requirement for warranty - 300+ amp alternator output minimum or you are on your own.

An amp this size WILL be able to draw 700+ amps of current. If you think you need something this big be prepared to install dual alternators and a several batteries. This would NOT be the amp to install on anything resembling a stock electrical setup.

haha thats an understatement, if someone honestly thinks they can run 7k on a stock elctrical they deserve a slap in the face. i won't need that much power, but good idea i guess, or you could go all out make an amp compareable to the kicker warhorse.

haha thats an understatement, if someone honestly thinks they can run 7k on a stock elctrical they deserve a slap in the face. i won't need that much power, but good idea i guess, or you could go all out make an amp compareable to the kicker warhorse.

*laughs*

I suppose it's true that no matter how big you get people want bigger :)

Lets talk about a 7k first before getting carried away... I'm not even sure there is enough interest to make this happen.

i have already found the bracket to run dual alts.... and if i can find a step down for my car... ill just run 2 16 volt alts.........

umm 7k.... @13....... 9k @ 16 volts jacob>?

i have already found the bracket to run dual alts.... and if i can find a step down for my car... ill just run 2 16 volt alts.........

umm 7k.... @13....... 9k @ 16 volts jacob>?

I would say 9k would be an under-statement for such an amplifier on a 16-volt system, likely over 10k.

Remember that current draw still goes up even as voltage does as well, you are looking at 800-900 amps at that point to get full output.

6k or 7k

Jacob i'm game count me in....

I can get a few people outside of team sundown on this as well (had 2 people ask if you were going to go bigger the other day)...

this topic is making my palms sweaty.. i have never seen so many people read one topic at one time........

jacob your the man......

this topic is making my palms sweaty.. i have never seen so many people read one topic at one time........

jacob your the man......

I agree... I couldn't get him to budge about it on the phone a while back. Hopefully this will com about. Im down. seriously...

UMMMMMMM Wish i could say yes but as of right now $$$$ and more to the point the woman agree that I can't.

But expect some numbers from me soon..................not enough AZ contests man.

J

jacob your the man......

I agree... I couldn't get him to budge about it on the phone a while back. Hopefully this will com about. Im down. seriously...

I can ONLY do it under the stipulations posted... 30-40 up front pre-orders is what it would take.

jacob your the man......

I can ONLY do it under the stipulations posted... 30-40 up front pre-orders is what it would take.

well, the way i see it, if they're out of the team, there should be a small screening process to determine if they are capable of even supporting the amp. but if a known competitor, then consider otherwise pending.

dual alts, batts etc etc.

if the person cant do it, then should be sold with no warranty whatsoever, and if something goes wrong they are responsible for any and all repair costs

granted you may not have time for a screening process like that, whether it be through phone, email may work, but phone would be a bit more personal in terms of determining their knowledge of running a system and whether you feel they are qualified to support it.

jacob your the man......

well, the way i see it, if they're out of the team, there should be a small screening process to determine if they are capable of even supporting the amp. but if a known competitor, then consider otherwise pending.

dual alts, batts etc etc.

Agreed.... 100% Thats why i said. If this goes threw. IF jake going to be one busier man.

if the person cant do it, then should be sold with no warranty whatsoever, and if something goes wrong they are responsible for any and all repair costs

granted you may not have time for a screening process like that, whether it be through phone, email may work, but phone would be a bit more personal in terms of determining their knowledge of running a system and whether you feel they are qualified to support it.

I was hoping for an amp around 5k. But a 7k would be nice. Please work up a number Jake and get it to us team members. Like others I won't know till I know a price.

And it deffinately has to look like the current 3000 but bigger.