vladd

Atlases and avas

well here's what i used to have, tuned to 35hz 3 cubes each sub. In the trunk of my stratus ran at 1.333 ohms on an orion 1200d hit 143db on the TL

DONE003.jpg

09-14-05_1915.jpg

09-14-05_1916.jpg

i then moved on to one 15" ava..don't remember the specs on the box and never had it metered, was tuned low as hell though, i was stoned on flu meds when i designed the box, thats why the internal volume was only about 2.5 cubes

clear001.jpg

My last sub setup was two 12" avas in .7 cubes each sealed, forget what i metered with the box facing the trunk, i think it was 139 but i don't remember as it was my progression towards SQ. Even in the small(tiny?) sealed boxes these things had absolutely no trouble with 20hz

03-20-06_1500.jpg

so there's my progression through the AA world

I should have bought one of your Atlas'.

they were traded for the 12" avas IIRC

i must say they were incredibly accurate for the enclosures i had them in, i'd love to have them again with the knowledge i have now, i'm still kinda wanting a 12" atlas to play around with

vladd,

Nice pics. I like how you fit those ports in on the Atlas 15 boxes with minimal baffle area. Good stuff!

I should have bought one of your Atlas'

I thought that everything was pretty much gone, but I found a small batch of some Avalanche and Atlas subs upstairs here at the shop. I will throw them up on the website on Monday. I think we've got 5 Avalanche 15's, a pair of Atlas 12's and maybe one or two Atlas 15's. I will know by Monday...

I don't really want to sell them, but I think that they would be better served in somebody's car or home than me hording them in storage.

Chad Kuypers

Ascendant Audio

vladd,

Nice pics. I like how you fit those ports in on the Atlas 15 boxes with minimal baffle area. Good stuff!

I thought that everything was pretty much gone, but I found a small batch of some Avalanche and Atlas subs upstairs here at the shop. I will throw them up on the website on Monday. I think we've got 5 Avalanche 15's, a pair of Atlas 12's and maybe one or two Atlas 15's. I will know by Monday...

I don't really want to sell them, but I think that they would be better served in somebody's car or home than me hording them in storage.

Chad Kuypers

Ascendant Audio

DAMN, I can remember sweating Dale about getting a second Ava 15", I asked him if you guys had any b stocks or anything! I ended up not being able to get a second Ava, I had my dual 15" box built and ready, just needed the second sub.

After months of not being able to find another one used, I sold my Ava and moved on to another sub, I really miss that sub :( , Chad, how much are you going to sell them for?

I still have my box for 2 15's sitting in the garage :D

Would love a deal on a ava15 or atlas for that matter.

vladd,

Chad Kuypers

Ascendant Audio

DAMN, I can remember sweating Dale about getting a second Ava 15", I asked him if you guys had any b stocks or anything! I ended up not being able to get a second Ava, I had my dual 15" box built and ready, just needed the second sub.

After months of not being able to find another one used, I sold my Ava and moved on to another sub, I really miss that sub :( , Chad, how much are you going to sell them for?

I still have my box for 2 15's sitting in the garage :D

Chad, I'm VERY interested in an ava, been looking for one for about a year in mint condition - ie brand new!, sent you a PM a few days ago but haven't heard back yet, thing is, chances are I will be unable to get to a computer on Monday.

I've still got a 12" Atlas. I friggin love it. It's sitting in the basement now, but it's perfect. No place to put it, and I don't want to part with it really. I'm stuck.

Whats the link to the website as the one I go to always give that big message about the change and the teaming up with FI I would love to read up on AA as I always wanted to play with a sub with xbl^2 coil technology.

Whats the link to the website as the one I go to always give that big message about the change and the teaming up with FI I would love to read up on AA as I always wanted to play with a sub with xbl^2 coil technology.

That's the current Ascendant Audio website, but you can check out some of the older ones using this:

www.webarchive.org

Gotta love the wayback machine :)

It is pretty cool, but it does not have the old old SSA for some reason.

If you are interested in some XBL^2 subs, let me know, I have 2 used RE XXX 15's for sale, and one newly reconed XXX 15", all D4's for sale. PM me if interested.

PS, These were my dad's and well taken care of, he had an amp go out, and it DC to the sub, and took it out, thats why there is one newly reconed. Hasnt ben used since the recone. It has a Fi Dustcap, and the other 2 have standard XXX full dustcaps.

Can anyone point me to Ava 12 t/s specs?

I seem to have a hard time finding it through wayback machine. I know someone knows the link here :).

I wish I could post in the classified section but I'm too new here. I could make someone very happy :rolleyes:

Edited by Mike1234

I wish I could but I don't want to break forum rules. Please be patient until the mods let me sell my subs here.

PM me and make me happy!

I wish I could but I don't want to break forum rules. Please be patient until the mods let me sell my subs here.
PM me and make me happy!

You have been able to since you passed 25 posts. It is a rule we have to have here, no matter how much people don't like it, the purpose is to protect the members and reduce spam.

The Atlas 15 I bought still sits in the closet. Never powered, nothing. One of these days I guess.