j-roadtatts

J-Roadtatts Honda Accord Build

Looking good. Those M2000s push a good amount of juice. Let's see some progress now!

And nice choice on the HU, I have the same one, now I just want bluetooth and Sirius radio!

Looking good. Those M2000s push a good amount of juice. Let's see some progress now!

And nice choice on the HU, I have the same one, now I just want bluetooth and Sirius radio!

Funny thing is my mom bought me the amp for x-mas this year and the head unit last year. I LOVE my CDA-9886 and I LOVE all the features the PXA-H100 adds to the head unit. I can't wait for the Sirius, I got my wife Sirius for x-mas for her Xterra and put on Christmas Day. She loves it and I listen to it at work. Here in the mountains the FM/AM stations don't work for very far.

I sold the m650 amp and cap today. So now I don't have any bass.sad.gif I will be gutting the trunk tuesday hopefully and getting this build started.bananaDance.gif

Got some ring terminals in the mail today! The XS batterys have a 5mm bolt so These are 1/4" hole for a tight fight to get good contact.

med_gallery_10399_356_411043.jpg

med_gallery_10399_356_657985.jpg

med_gallery_10399_356_104639.jpg

you gotta get this new install a them to match your other hobby dude!

at least some tribal graphics for the whip!!!

I sold the m650 amp and cap today. So now I don't have any bass.sad.gif I will be gutting the trunk tuesday hopefully and getting this build started.bananaDance.gif

selling caps are ftw!

I got more 1/0 wire this week from brown santa! The Knu Knocept high staind count wire is no joke. The kit is to run a second run front to back. I will be redoing my big three with this wire also! The smaller wire is 8ga for the sub. The bottom picture is the cheap ass wire I have now compared to the Knu wire.

med_gallery_10399_356_643435.jpg

med_gallery_10399_356_776363.jpg

med_gallery_10399_356_54107.jpg

med_gallery_10399_356_328350.jpg

Checked the mail this mornig and found a few more pieces to the puzzle!biggrin.gif Now I just gotta get the wood!!!!!

med_gallery_10399_356_70570.jpg

Like the saying goes "it ain't gonna suck its self". I finally got a little time to this morning to get startedsanta.gif, and jumped right in. Even though it was below 0 degrees outside. I got everything pulled out from the middle of the car back. Holy f*cking Batman, the road noise is insane driving like this. wacko.gif Sounds like I'm driving through a tunnel, can hear every f*cking pebble.

med_gallery_10399_356_151360.jpg

Whats going on in here?med_gallery_10399_356_684775.jpgmed_gallery_10399_356_704681.jpgmed_gallery_10399_356_433105.jpg

No more 6x9smed_gallery_10399_356_237766.jpg

med_gallery_10399_356_352305.jpg

Look at this tunnel of noise over the wheel well!!!ohmy.gif

med_gallery_10399_356_816489.jpg

the other side of the tunnel. both sides have it.

med_gallery_10399_356_609523.jpg

Looks like I will be filling the tunnels with expanding foam.wink.gif

Edited by j-roadtatts

Ya I know a empty trunk is boring.

So heres some pics of the front doors for you picture whores.

med_gallery_10399_356_734492.jpg

med_gallery_10399_356_633138.jpgmed_gallery_10399_356_216177.jpgmed_gallery_10399_356_522984.jpg

med_gallery_10399_356_750105.jpg

med_gallery_10399_356_290224.jpgmed_gallery_10399_356_620306.jpgmed_gallery_10399_356_908065.jpg

Built these last summer. Didn't take any pics though.

pods look good, how do they sound?

pods look good, how do they sound?

Made the type-r's sound a ton better on axis. They sounded so bad behind the factory cover I wanted to replace them. the pods make them have a pretty decent response and WAY MORE output.(for a speaker with such low eff. 86db@1w/1m)

I like the pods, all these fiberglassed pods I have been seeing lately are giving me an itch to do mine. :fing34:

I like the pods, all these fiberglassed pods I have been seeing lately are giving me an itch to do mine. fing34.gif

They are fun to build. Only took about 8 hours for both. I can see why Ed Roth loved to build out of fiberglass!!!!!

Its been a busy week, plus don't even get me started about the snow.mellow.gif I finally spent the last of my paypal money from all the stuff I sold to pay for this project.wink.gif I spent the last 250 bucks on 20sq ft more dampener and four sheets of Luxury Liner Pro + can o' glue!!!biggrin.gif WoW this stuff is HEAVY.ohmy.gif Feels like the wrestling mats from school. I hope this will make ALL the outside noise go away and trap ALL the Music on the inside!!!cool.gif

med_gallery_10399_356_389230.jpgmed_gallery_10399_356_761549.jpg

I finally got time to notch and box the big humps on the sides of the trunk floor. Its a fight to get every inch. I really want the box to be 5cf net and still be able to get the spare out. So far its looking like I will have 13 inches behind the box and barely enough room to get the spare out. Once I cut the bottom piece of the box I will know for sure. The left side was about twice as much metal to remove. I welded plate over the holes and sealed what ever I didn't weld with silicone. I was scared to weld any more on the front of the left side as the gas fill is an inch away.(don't even get me stated on welding safety) Remember I am making two shapes of boxes hooked together to get the 5cf net/6.3cf gross and forward facing, sealed from the trunk with expanding foam. Anyway heres a pic of a little progress.

med_gallery_10399_356_356224.jpg

Keep up the good work, and the pictures with the pup! :)

Keep up the good work, and the pictures with the pup! smile.gif

Today is my saturday and the pics will be a comin'!!!

Horray!!! I sold the type rrrrrrrr 12" sub and box finally. I can always use more money for this project!wink.gif

Anyways I got the box done today!!! dancingsmilie.gif Dry fitted the box in the car and every thing is Perfect, seeing as I dont have a 1/4 inch to spare anywhere!!! The spare tire still comes out!!!biggrin.gif So then I took the box apart and glued the half together that I can do outside the car. Don't worry I have pictures but I am getting ready to entertain some dinner guest so give me a couple hours and I will post them for you picture whores.