yayo86

So many brands, Which battery is preferred?

Im planning on putting 2 batteries under the hood for my 1990 mazda b2200 sound system soon. Gonna have little over 4k watts rms, i already upgraded the alternator to a 300 amp. I could get optima or diehard platinum cheap from my friend but im open to other brands.

Edited by yayo86

Have you checked out the XS Power batteries on the SSA Store?

I run NorthStar and Odyssey AGM batteries at the moment. There are a lot of good brands out there to choose from. 

I like the X2 Power from Batteries Plus. It’s a rebadged Northstar with more warranty and a tad cheaper price tag. My last one lasted me over 8 years in Southeast Texas heat. 

I ended up going with the Deka AGM batteries, so far there good.

On 3/23/2021 at 2:34 PM, Aaron Clinton said:

Have you checked out the XS Power batteries on the SSA Store?

I did. There are XS Power AGM & Lithium Car Audio Batteries. I have been using XS batteries past few years purchased from local auto parts store and My experience is that XS Power batteries also have extremely low internal resistance, so they can be discharged more deeply and recharge faster. These batteries are also able to withstand the high levels of vibration that are routine in racing and audio competitions. Lithium batteries are also best in service. More surface area means MORE POWER! AGM (Absorbed Glass Mat) design means longer life, vibration resistant, deep cycle and can be mounted in any position (except upside down)