thacman77

Box for 15" loaded Fi BTL

I'm interested in having a box built for a Fi 15" loaded BTL 15. Never had a box designed for me so I'm a little ignorant to all of this. I'm thinking 4 cu ft ported tuned to 34 hz. Just a regular rectangle, carpeted box that will go in the back of my Tahoe. Unfortunatly I can't see pictures on the computers over here (I'm stuck in the middle east for a few months) but the reviews I've read seem pretty good. Can you help a brother out?

Found this post and it sounds like what I need. I'd build a box myself but would probably end up nailing my hand to my head.

Use these external dimensions that you posted:

Box Width 32

Box Height 25

Box Top Depth 15

Box Bottom Depth 15

wood thickness .75

Make the port 3" wide x 23.5" high.

Make the port 32" deep. That is an L shape. Run the "side" port wall into the box so it is 3" from the back wall. Add a second piece that will run parallel to the back wall (3" away from it) that is 17" long. This gives a port length of 32".

Leaves you with ~3.9 cuft tuned to 35 Hz. Will work great. I have run BTL's in 2.9 cuft tuned to 35 Hz and they sounded great.

Tuning looks correct on that enclosure, port area is slightly less than optimal but still good.

Ok so this is what I came up with last night before my power went out.

I changed the height to 22 inches because the back seats of a Tahoe are 22 inches so I think it looks funny when a box is taller than the seats. (I personally have a Tahoe)

Width - 39

Height - 22

Depth - 16

4 Cubes @ 34 Hz

I increased the port area a bit - 20.5 x 3.5 = 71.75 sq inches of port.

These dimensions figure in double baffle due to the weight of the sub.

Also let me know if you want flush mount.

Sides are indented .75 inches also.

Let me know what you think of this.

Andrew

Sounds pretty good. I can't see pictures on the computers out here. (deployed to a military base in the middle east) Any chance you can e-mail me some pics of other boxes you've made so I can get an idea?

Between this silly ass desert country and being on a military installation, about 90% of the sites I try to visit are blocked. The pics you sent me are blocked as well. So what is the price for the box with gray carpet? Is having it flush mounted cost extra? How far are you from Travis AFB, CA? I won't be back until the end of June and if you're not too far away, I could pick up the box when I get back if it'll be easier than shipping.

Ok for the enclosure we talked about the prices are as follows.

$160 for the box w/ carpet

$170 for double baffle and flush mount

I can meet you in like Fremont or somewhere so you can pick it up. If you just want it shipped it could be real shipping costs to the AFB.

Andrew

The flushmount double baffle sounds like a good deal. I'll be deployed for another 3 months. If you're bored I could go ahead and have you make it. If you have other orders I can wait until later go get this all arranged. I'll plan on having you build it so however you want to do it is fine with me.

I have some down time right now so I could easily build it.

If you want you can send me the deposit, I can build it and then when your home and ready to pick it up send me the rest of the money.

Andrew

Sounds like a plan. Send me your full name and the amount for the deposit and I'll get a check in the mail. It might take a week or two to get to ya tho. If the shipping isn't too rediculous and costs less than the tank of gas it'll take me to get back and forth to Fremont, I'll just have ya ship it. Any idea about how much that'll cost?

Yea i would highly suggest sending paypal! If you have it. Or if you have someone stateside that has if, and willing to put down the deposit for you. When i was deployed i would in no way trust sending a check. I know they have certified mail there, but still there is a whole ocean of places for it to get lost!!! GL with the money, and have a safe trip home, what is your job? I was a Bomb Loader in the AF on F15E's.

Paypal is being retarded. When I tried to set up an account it says that someone else has an account with my bank account number on it. Customer service was a joke and didn't help me one bit. I have to get the ex-wife to use her account to get the BTL for me. Luckily we're still on good terms. If you do cash on delivery, I can pay you when I pick it up, in 3 months. Or I can ask "her" to do this for me too on her Paypal

I'm a crew chief on KC-10s.

Paypal is being retarded. When I tried to set up an account it says that someone else has an account with my bank account number on it. Customer service was a joke and didn't help me one bit. I have to get the ex-wife to use her account to get the BTL for me. Luckily we're still on good terms. If you do cash on delivery, I can pay you when I pick it up, in 3 months. Or I can ask "her" to do this for me too on her Paypal

If you could ask her to paypal us the deposit then you can pay the rest in cash with you pick it up that would be great.

Andrew