Sign in to follow this  
splmark

what would you pick

im doing an install in a 2000 expedition im going to use a MM1400D and a MM100.4, the budget is kinda tight since he wants to spend $1000 for everything. it's going to be for everyday use only and never see a mic.

should i run 4 kicker cvr 10's or one 12" Q ported?

and why?

im doing an install in a 2000 expedition im going to use a MM1400D and a MM100.4, the budget is kinda tight since he wants to spend $1000 for everything. it's going to be for everyday use only and never see a mic.

should i run 4 kicker cvr 10's or one 12" Q ported?

and why?

obviously the 4 kickers will be louder and move more air, but probably won't sound anything near as good as a Q. Depends what your freind wants. Get 2 Q's ported :popcorn:

-John

Id have to agree with the above. Kickers definitely would be louder.

Thanks,

Scott

im not talking about louder i know the kickers have alot more cone area then a single 12. the guy just wants something that "sound's better then stock" how much more s/q would a 12"q have?

I'd say go with a big Q, 15'' or 18''. I just got my 15'' Q temporarily running the other day and it sounds nice. Tuned to 33hz

yea i might just do a single Q 15 or 18 im not sure how much room ill have behind the 3ed seat but i should be able to ge atleast a 15 in there.

im running a Q 18 in 6.5 cubes on that same amp. its pretty awesome all around. i got a video on youtube and ROE somewhere if your buddy is interested

Q15 would definitely sound "better" than stock ;) Sq would go from good to to great depending on if it was ported or sealed with any of the Q lines.

to me better then stock would be 2 btl's with 4k rms and he wants me to use my best judgement :domoslay:

im going to take a look at the back tomorrow and see how much room i can get away with, out of 85+ people at work i know he will be the loudest and sound the best, right now im the loudest with 2 se/xxx 15's and a little azz 600 watt amp.

its going to be ported tuned in the low 30's, whats the video under? im going to show him tomorrow

i found the vids, what did you like better the Q or the perficts?

what type of mids do you have and what amp?

the 4 perfect 12s were loud, and i could change the inserts out and tune them in, but they just didnt have the sound i wanted. might have been the metal cones.

i prefer the Q18 over anything. i planned on putting it in my other truck (see avatar) and put my 2 12" IDMAXs back in the xterra on the mm1400. the ids are doing the job, but i miss the 18. hence the signature. gonna pic up a havoc and see which 18 goes in which truck.

mids are infinity reference components all around on an 40w x4 alpine f240 (i think, its been under the passenger seat for 3 years without any probs)

the box for the 18 is 6.5 cubes tuned at 30 with the amp wired at 2 ohm. so only 1000w. port area is around 80sqin. i think in the video i mention its a D2 when its actually a D1.

this is the first suv im going this type of install in so im sorry for all the ?'s

that's all you have on the mids? do you think i can use the 1400 at 1 ohm on the sub and the mm50x4 on the mids? or should i put more power to the mids? (mm75.4 or 100.4)

well, we cant really compare my xterra to your buddies expedition.(notice my sub and port fire up contrary to most popular beliefs that suvs need rear facing boxes) but the 40x4 on my mids is fine for me. i got a tweeter trying to go out on me, but they will be replaced soon. my infinity reference dont need to much power. but they are a more entry level component (i like them for the silk tweet). 40w is plenty for me.

as far as the mm1400, ive used mine(i own 2 of them, and a MM8000.5) at 4, 2, and 1 ohm and its power hungry. it will draw 150a at 1 ohm, and over 100a at 2 ohm. never had any problems with it getting hot, or shutting off. if you go for 1 ohm, get the bp power option to help keep it cool. i would definately try it at 1 ohm if he wants it loud. it gets loud at 2 ohm, but maybe not loud enough for everyone. sound is excellant tho at high volume and low.

thanks for your help, i think i might jsut go with the mm100 since i can get it for about the same price as the 50.4, if its to loud ill turn it down.

now i jsut have to let him know its going to be a little more then he wanted to spend :-D but i can just get the ss75.4 for the mids and maybe the 1500.1 on the sub (if he wants it a little cheeper). i saw a test in a mag with the ss500.1 and 1000.1 they did there rated power but at 13.8 or 14 volts

mm1400.1 does more than rated power. im glad i got them.

for some reason, the mm1000.1 has an 80 amp fuse, but the MM1400.1 has 160 amps worth of fusing. why another 80 amps for 400 more watts?

Sign in to follow this