Sign in to follow this  
young_gun

Box suggestions for 2 Assassin 12's?

Just ordered my set of Assassin 12's today (I cant wait!!!) and Im wondering what to do a/b the box. I have 4cubes total before disp of anything to play with. They will be behind my bench seat in my 84 GMC single cab, so I planning on the subs on the passenger side, with a slot port out of the drivers side. What tuning/port area should I use for these? I know my old 8" assassins loved higher tuning (45htz) are these new line subs different? Suggestions/opinions please!

I have done a few standard cab setups with 8s 10s and 12s... seems that most of them like the port exiting the drivers side with 4-6" of space between the side firing port and the side wall of the cab. Given that you are at 4 cuft before displacement, Id look to a pair of 3" Aeorports. Theyll maximize airflow and minimize the space requirements. New subs will play with higher tunings as well (all subs will) but givent the space and setup, Id probably tune to 35 hz or so for some depth to things... that is unless you really enjoy a higher tuned peakier setup... just be sure to set the subsonic filters accordingly.

Thanks,

Scott

I have done a few standard cab setups with 8s 10s and 12s... seems that most of them like the port exiting the drivers side with 4-6" of space between the side firing port and the side wall of the cab. Given that you are at 4 cuft before displacement, Id look to a pair of 3" Aeorports. Theyll maximize airflow and minimize the space requirements. New subs will play with higher tunings as well (all subs will) but givent the space and setup, Id probably tune to 35 hz or so for some depth to things... that is unless you really enjoy a higher tuned peakier setup... just be sure to set the subsonic filters accordingly.

Thanks,

Scott

Scott thanks man. I'll do the 35tuning first, I just said that a/b the 45htz to see if they new line compared any. I tried the 8's at 35 htz and the low end wasnt there like it was at 45 (at least to my ear) lol. Thanks for the suggestions!!!

We recommend 12-16 sqin of port per cuft for most slot port applications. As they are Assassins and do not have as much overall linearity as the Havoc, you can go towards the lower side of the recommendations and be fine.

Thanks,

Scott

We recommend 12-16 sqin of port per cuft for most slot port applications. As they are Assassins and do not have as much overall linearity as the Havoc, you can go towards the lower side of the recommendations and be fine.

Thanks,

Scott

Awesome, thank you sir!! Subs should be out by today or tomorrow as a rep has told me, install pics and a good review will be on the way after this!!

Sign in to follow this