Sign in to follow this  
sundownz

SI D2 15s = Loud

My buddy Brandon got a pair of D2 15s installed yesterday. This morning he wired up his MA Audio MA5082HX amp up to them -- their 4000-watt Class A/B amp from two model years ago. 2 ohms is not the optimal load for the amp, but no matter... with -32dB earplugs in my ears are still tingling.

We drove up to a local stereo shop to use their meter, which is horribly uncalibrated so don't use these numbers to compare to anything... his car pulled a 148 dB score. Get this... the shop has a van with no less than 28 Memphis Depth Charge 10" subs in a wall and a Memphis MOJO amp and that only pulls a 152 dB score. So 4 dB off 28 10s with a pair of 15s in a stock Explorer , no wall, isn't half bad :)

That's nuts. I actually have one of the Depth Charge 10s myself. Nice little "cheap" driver, but that close of a score is nuts. What are the enclosure specs?

That's nuts. I actually have one of the Depth Charge 10s myself. Nice little "cheap" driver, but that close of a score is nuts. What are the enclosure specs?

My friend is running ~3 ft^3 each tuned to ~35 Hz in a box that a natural disaster could not destroy. The shop has 30 ft^3 sealed for their 28 10" woofers.

Yes i am the crazy one that has 2 D2s in an exploder and im LOVING it. yes i am getting 2 more cause i hate my ear drums. these are the best sub i have used ( and if you know me i have had alot). i am an SPL freak but the SI D2s are awsome in a SQ set up too. and as of today i have only rattled the rear view mirror off and the inchannel ventshade on the drivers side. i also can pop roof dents out with the subs. so if you need my dent removal service just let me know i will be more than happy to help :D . ill keep you posted on all the things that fall off !!

I'm interested in seeing the 8s in the headliner! You ARE Nuts! :lol:

thanks im glad to know that more than my friends think im crazy