Tirefryr

Copper traces on Lexan?

Is it possible? Can anyone give me a link to good site with some info on this?

Probably possible and likely prohibitively expensive. I don't know if you have ever etched a board but you usually start off with a copper clad piece of fiberglass that you mark (with a Sharpie funnily enough) where you want the traces to be and then soak it in an acid solution to remove the copper where you haven't marked. Don't remember the type of acid but it is not a normal sulfuric acid or one of the more commonly available ones because they don't react with copper (it's less reactive than hydrogen which is the ionizing agent in most acids). You would need to copper clad a piece of Lexan first. From there it would be pretty easy.

Depending on how much current you plan on running, you could mask off the lexan leaving the places where you want the traces exposed and find a conductive paint and put a few layers down. Just a thought.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? I might be able to pull some other ideas out of my butt depending on your goal.

Edited by helotaxi

I got it now. Just used some fine wire. Current draw is relatively minimal. Just some LEDs under some lexan for accent lighting.

456034_91_full.jpg

456034_92_full.jpg

Thanks! Hopefully, the woofer ring will done tonight.