southcounty13

10" ssd box help

Hello all. I am currently running my 10" Fi ssd woofer in custom built ported box (sub up/port back). I love it! I have a kid on the way and would like to switch to a smaller sealed box for more space. I have a couple of questions:

1. Can purchase a prefab box that meets the recommened specs?

2. What size would be optimal? .6-1 cubic feet is what is recommended but would it be better to stay on the .6 side or the 1 cubic foot side?

Thank you in advance...

I think a sealed box is a sealed box where ever you buy it from..

But as in the space..

I don't think it would matter if its .6-1 cu..

Hello all. I am currently running my 10" Fi ssd woofer in custom built ported box (sub up/port back). I love it! I have a kid on the way and would like to switch to a smaller sealed box for more space. I have a couple of questions:

1. Can purchase a prefab box that meets the recommened specs?

2. What size would be optimal? .6-1 cubic feet is what is recommended but would it be better to stay on the .6 side or the 1 cubic foot side?

Thank you in advance...

Dont bye a prefab box the tuning will most likely be way to high. I would get a custom box... I would sagest contacting thumpper at pound that sound

I see no problem buying a prefab sealed box, provided it is constructed good.

You need to watch out there is a lot of them that use particle board instead of MDF.

I see no problem buying a prefab sealed box, provided it is constructed good.

You need to watch out there is a lot of them that use particle board instead of MDF.

Watch out for the particle board. That stuff sucks.

Just go to Home Depot or Lowes and buy 1/2 a sheet of MDF. Have them cut it up for it.

Build a box thats 12" tall, 12" wide, and 11" deep. That will give you .53 cubes sealed, which is on the larger size of the reccomended .2-.6 sealed. Should sound great.

After all displacements I would put it in a .63ft^3 box.

Do you have any dimensions you need to follow?

After all displacements I would put it in a .63ft^3 box.

Do you have any dimensions you need to follow?

I do not have any dimensions I need to follow. It will be in the cargo area of my suv.

I would suggest to stay on the smaller side of the recommendations so yea about .6 would be great, you would really be hitting the lows but your highs will get alot quieter compared to your ported for sure.