Sign in to follow this  
LaserRed38

AX5600 questions, XT800.2 and XT800.4 questions

I had a AX5600 in my car being ran active off a 9835, powering ID OEM mids, Hybrid L1 tweeters and 1 12" RL-p. I've pulled that system out to use the 9835 and amp in my dad's F150, but I'm probably going to stick with some passive TypeX comps in there and 2 E8s under the seat. My question is, are the AX5600 speaker channels bridgable? I'm going to run some old Type-R coaxs off the HU for the rear, but want to send the comps more power than just the front channels. Thoughts?

Next, I'm picking up an XT800.2 and two XT800.4s for my car. I'll be running the same L1s, but pairing them with new 2ohm versions of the OEMs. The RL-p is going to be ran IB. I plan to bridge one of the 800.4s to the OEMs, wire the sub to 4ohm and use the 800.2 for that, then power the L1s with the front channels of the other 800.4, leaving the rears open for a future 3-way front stage. New HU I picked up is a JVC KD-AR8500. I might pick up a Ural CDD that is for sale on CA.com, but I need to look at my finances first lol. How does this setup sound? I know 200w a side for the OEMs is a bit much, but headroom ftw?? Haha...Are the XT lines underrated like other US Amps products?

I believe the speaker channel are bridgeable, but you might have to wait for Greg to know for sure.

From what I remember, the XT's were not under ratted as the other lines were.

Does the XT line at least do rated power?

Some say yes, some say a little under ratted power.