Sign in to follow this  
hispls

SAZ 3000D to strap or not to strap?

Picked up a pair of 3000D's. Will be powering 2 DVC 4 ohm subs.

Would there be any benefit of strapping and running a pair to 4 ohms over running just a single to 1 ohm?

Output? Efficiency? etc?

Any thoughts?

idk abt strapping those amps i have a pair of 3000s and the slave would always switch to protect jacob told me it was the rcas running from the master to slave so i switched em to walmart like he suggested and still same problem idk they r good amps just not sure abt strappin em...id say run em straight up

So... 4 ohms strapped vs. 1 amp at 1 ohm ?

Yep...keep in mind I have a pair of amps so it's a simple matter of a few more feet of wiring (which I have laying around anyway).

I would just do one amp at one ohm.

OK. Thanks for the quick answer!

By the way, very nice product, and I do see you on a LOT of forums trying to help out people...really impressed with the way you do business.

I see no reason to strap the amps either. The amps can be strapped and I have heard that they can generate more spl that way but when we wired my subs up to to my 3500d's unstrapped They never went into protection even at higher volumes. As a matter of fact, I also changed out my head-unit to a cheap Alpine unit and stuck with Scoche RCA's.

Strapp them at 1 ohm loads of power voids warrenty doh. lol

1 amp 1 ohm so. The amps seem to give out fractly more spl strapped doh from my tests(at the same amp load of course)

i dont like strapping amps, but in your case....since your equipment doesnt match up properly its your only choice for good power.

strapped @ 4 ohms = around 3k before rise

one @ 1 ohm = the same

strapped @ 1 ohm (which is what id do in your position) is over6k @ 1 ohm if you have the electrical to back it, and two broken amps if you dont.

strapped at 4 ohm is pretty efficient but you must have a good electrical. Batts, wire, Ho alt

i dont like strapping amps, but in your case....since your equipment doesnt match up properly its your only choice for good power.

strapped @ 4 ohms = around 3k before rise

one @ 1 ohm = the same

strapped @ 1 ohm (which is what id do in your position) is over6k @ 1 ohm if you have the electrical to back it, and two broken amps if you dont.

Assuming same power there is the benefit of being able to run things at higher impedence (which I generally like SQ is superior).

I was talking about strapping to 4 ohms. I have 2X deep cycle batteries in the trunk, HO alternator, and 1/0 guage all around.... Check my sig I'm replacing 4X 1KW class A/B amps that I was able to feed.

I don't think I want a pair of 600$ doorstops. How many people really have smoked these amps? What kind of abuse were they really giving them? Dunno how long my subs would hold up to 3KW ea either....

If I get a free day before the fall fishing picks up I'll probably do some testing and report back anyway. So far I'm liking just the 1. Quite capable and reasonably efficient.

Sign in to follow this