nauc

how many cubes for 1 12" rlp off 500 watts

sealed....1.25ft^3

ported.....2ft^3 tuned to 34hz

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

sealed....1.25ft^3

does that account for driver displacement? i know its not supposed to be square,standing waves /reflection etc.but if i were to use a 14x 14 baffle for the 12 inch rp-l what would the other dimensions be it it was a regular squareish box? im no mathmatician,dont own box calk ont realy understans ts paramiters...........love low bass. the reason is i have been useng a death box...www.decware.com.... search for death box.its a great desighn ( as are all the sub desighns there i have built almos all of them.and i want to put my rl-p in another death box,i carry alot of tools n chit in my trunk and the driver is more than safe from damage in this desighn. so.......14x14 x ? x? is perfect for an rl-p 12 with 600 phoenic gold xennon watts? sq first!

yep, the 2ft^3 ported box does sound amazing with the rl-p.

yep..the 1.25ft^3 is after displacement....try 14x14x17.5...assuming 3/4" mdf.

yep, the 2ft^3 ported box does sound amazing with the rl-p.

yep..the 1.25ft^3 is after displacement....try 14x14x17.5...assuming 3/4" mdf.

thanks,

x17.5 it will be then probably,

and roughtly what would the difference in performance be if i made it 14x14x23? keeping it sealed? im guessing it would handle less power and maybe play a little lower/better transients? but i would appreciate any other insights.

it will play lower in the larger box, also decrease the power handling some..

try the 1.25ft^3 box, u won't be disappointed.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

hhhmmmmmmmm? but if i can get down to about 23 -22-21-20hz??

i still have a while to decide,mikes not back till the 14th and it doesnt look like hes got any drivers ready anyway :Doh: unless im wrong in which case i can pay for it and he can ship it on monday! :slayer:

My 2 cents

(I'm not sure if this is bad etiquette, using a previous post of mine, but since my advice is the same I don't see why not) Feel free to chastise me if neccessary.

I'm sure there are good ported boxes out there but on average they never sound as clean and accurate as a sealed box. Think about it, you are putting a big ass speaker in a car, it'll be loud enough, Sealed (sounds better, saves space, easier to build, less weight, way more predictable).

-if you are really concered with SPL try another tactic like putting in lots of sound deading, your system might not be louder per se but it will def. sound louder because you don't have to play it over road noise.

-I put 80lbs of sound deadener in the cab of a BMW 318 and its way quite (its about 7 layers, something like .25") man this helped so much, and people aren't going to jack my sh-t because they can't hear it outside of the car.

The quieter your car is the louder your stereo is. Listen to your home stereo then turn on the vacum, sucks doesn't it? so limit noise and gain SQ and you'll hear more of what you want MUSIC!

later,

b

hhhmmmmmmmm? but if i can get down to about 23 -22-21-20hz??

i still have a while to decide,mikes not back till the 14th and it doesnt look like hes got any drivers ready anyway :Doh: unless im wrong in which case i can pay for it and he can ship it on monday! :slayer:

it'll reach that low in 1.25ft^3...

i didn't think he was out of new drivers already....

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

it'll reach that low in 1.25ft^3...

WOW!!!!!! :fing34:

i didn't think he was out of new drivers already....

I HOPE THATS TRUE :woot: