Sign in to follow this  
wutupyoyoyo

Question about Sealed Enclosure for Q 18

The recommended box volume for a sealed enclosure is 4-8 cubic feet. Is there much of a difference in sound quality from 4-8? What exactly would be the benefits and disadvantages of having the volume be 4 cubic feet to 8? What about 5 6 7? So far what I could gather is there would be less low-end with the smaller box volume but the bass would be more detailed. Is this necessarily true? I have trued modeling the a box with WinISD but it didn't seem very useful to me. Also, would adding polyester fiberfill be useful in a larger volume box? Thanks!

The recommended box volume for a sealed enclosure is 4-8 cubic feet. Is there much of a difference in sound quality from 4-8? What exactly would be the benefits and disadvantages of having the volume be 4 cubic feet to 8? What about 5 6 7? So far what I could gather is there would be less low-end with the smaller box volume but the bass would be more detailed. Is this necessarily true? I have trued modeling the a box with WinISD but it didn't seem very useful to me. Also, would adding polyester fiberfill be useful in a larger volume box? Thanks!

Not every box will be the same so neither will the results. The smaller the box, the tighter the bass response. The larger the box, the boomier the bass will sound.

I think polyfill is intended for smaller enclosures but Ive never used it personally. It makes it seem as if the enclosure were larger than it really is.

Not every box will be the same so neither will the results. The smaller the box, the tighter the bass response. The larger the box, the boomier the bass will sound.

I think polyfill is intended for smaller enclosures but Ive never used it personally. It makes it seem as if the enclosure were larger than it really is.

Thank you for your reply. I had read somewhere that a smaller box would result in a boomier sound, and it also looked that way using WinISD, but didn't look to be that much different from a larger box. So by tighter bass response, what exactly does this mean? Thanks again

Thank you for your reply. I had read somewhere that a smaller box would result in a boomier sound, and it also looked that way using WinISD, but didn't look to be that much different from a larger box. So by tighter bass response, what exactly does this mean? Thanks again

Tighter meaning a sharp, punchy type of bass. Very clear.

i had 1 in 5.75 net once, it was nice

Sign in to follow this