Sign in to follow this  
fiveoh

FI Q Sealed Box Help

I'm thinking of buying a FI Q to put in a sealed box in my spare tire well. The dimensions I have to work with are 24"(width)x26"(Depth)x10"(height). I'm a complete noob when it comes to building boxes but want to try to do this one. How do I figure out if I can make a box that will work with the FI Q with those dimensions and what size to make it etc?

Using all that space is 2.71 ft^3 in a rectangular box with .75 mdf. The Q is recommend for .75 to 1.5 cubes. sooo go HERE and play with the dimensions till ya get the size u want and dont forget to take out the sub displacement which is .16 cubes.

Sorry thats if ur gonna use a 12". what size sub are ya gonna use????

Edited by WRX Kid

Using all that space is 2.71 ft^3 in a rectangular box with .75 mdf. The Q is recommend for .75 to 1.5 cubes. sooo go HERE and play with the dimensions till ya get the size u want and dont forget to take out the sub displacement which is .16 cubes.

Sorry thats if ur gonna use a 12". what size sub are ya gonna use????

I was planning on using a 12". Thanks for the link! .75-1.5 is a large margin. What will be the difference if its closer to the smaller end vs the large size?

Edited by fiveoh

Email nick at FI and ask what he thinks sounds best. For my ssd12he reccomended 1cube after displacemet. I would build the box somewhere around 1.5 before displacement. So in the end you will be around 1.32 cubes. Just my .2

Email nick at FI and ask what he thinks sounds best. For my ssd12he reccomended 1cube after displacemet. I would build the box somewhere around 1.5 before displacement. So in the end you will be around 1.32 cubes. Just my .2

Will do. Thanks again for the help.

Sign in to follow this