Hey,

Recently my MB Quart DSC4125 bit the dust and waiting to see if it can be fixed under warranty. Anyways, I have an 8" orphan from Sound Splinter and was wondering what Amp would be good to run it? Either Mono(for sub) and a 2channel to run a pair of Infinity Kappa 682.9cf's or a 4 channel amp again so i can run the sub along with the speakers. Having a hard time finding an amp for a 6ohm woofer that's sweet spot is at 500W.

As for budget, not looking to get crazy expensive, say if possible around $300. Just need to be pointed in the right direction.

Thanks.

Edited by glory

ok let me rephrase this. Whats a good Monoblock amp that can push 600W-800W @ 4Ohms thats not going to break the bank??

Thanks.

ok let me rephrase this. Whats a good Monoblock amp that can push 600W-800W @ 4Ohms thats not going to break the bank??

Thanks.

Any amp that fits your power range and budget, considering you didnt give a budget then it will be hard to help you. Go to different sites like these and search for an amp that fits your needs:

www.woofersetc.com

www.sonicelectronix.com

www.onlinecarstereo.com

Ok, looked at those sites and a few amps caught my eye. I decided to go for a 2channel amp with the orphan bridged to get the power (Mike at SoundSplinter suggested to me) without breaking the bank (Budget: ~$150-$250). He said 500W @ 6ohm (= 750W @ 4ohm?) is nominal for the sub, but anywhere from 600W-800W @ 4 ohm should do the trick.

Hifonics Zeus ZXi200.2

Power Acoustik BAMF-1800/2 (BAMF1800/2)

ZRS-2002 - Cadence 800 Watt 2 Ch Competition Amplifier

Audiopipe GM2002 2 Channel Power Amplifier

Soundstream PCA2.760

Heard Hifonics runs at 80%-95% rated (from 2008 reviews) and PA is just RF cheap amps. Don't know about AudioPipe or SS or Cadence.

Still trying to learn about amps, so would like your advice on these or any amp you recommend.

Thanks.