Sign in to follow this  
sandman6983

Subwoofer/Amp selection

I have a 91 S-10 Blazer 4dr... Right now I have a full JL Audio setup with a JL 300/4 powering my JL speakers and a JL 500/1 powering my 12W7 in a sealed box. Now I want to upgrade. I have a buddy with a single BL 12 which sounds good...but I think I want more than that. My problem is this, I want bass...lots of bass, like to the point that you turn on a bass track or a decent rap song and it's hard to breathe or swallow...lol...but I want it to sound decent (had a ground zero nuclear 15 once...bass was brutal but sounded like crap...) I know that you can't have SQ and SPL together... I want SQ, just SQ that moves you...lol. I listen to all types of music but mostly metal and hard rock... Double bass drums and that sound good on my W7 they just don't have that "kick you in the chest" feeling...lol. I was looking at 2 BL 15's, but again not sure if they would be the best bet for what I'm looking for...what would you guys recommend? BL's? Q's? Something else completely. And what amp would you recommend to power them? I was going to just throw the JL 1000/1 on my W7 but I don't think that will get me to where I wanna be either. Head Unit is a clarion MAX675VD...(it's the 7" touch screen Double Din one with Nav) Thanks for the help!

Edited by Sandman6983

Oh yeah and I'm running a 1/0 from the battery back...big 3 are done in 1/0. And split it in the back off the 1/0 into a 4ga per amp... Want to get a high amp alternator soon...

2 btL 18's on 6k.....dude we need more info max spending?

Edited by cheese20323

2 btL 18's on 6k.....dude we need more info max spending?

Oh yeah I guess that will help...I spent quite a bit on the current setup (probably more than I should have)...but I would like to stay right about $2,000 - $2,500 or so... don't really want to spend more than 3k. But of course the lower the price the better...lol...knowing that you get what you pay for... I also don't want bigger than 15's... I like tight clean bass... bigger than a 15 and you start sounding a little less tight and a little boomy-er in my opinion... Also regardless of whether it is 1 sub or 2 I would like to stick to a one amp solution for the subs... Then I wouldn't have to change my mounting much... still would have 1 amp for the inside speakers and 1 for subs... thanks!

Edited by Sandman6983

BL's are for people that want to get loud and want to keep sound quality while doing it. Q's are for people who want SQ but want to get loud while doing it. Make sense? You really can't argue with the price either. It's personal preference really. For an amp, If your not looking to spend much then pick up an AudioQue 2200D for 389$. Good amps for the price. hope this helps.

Sign in to follow this