splxtreme

FI Q 12 recommendations

I think I finally decided on the Q. Now I just don't know which options are going to work best. I don't have an amp yet, but plan on getting something that is around 1200-1500.

What I'm looking for in a sub, is one that will work best in a small sealed enclosure (around 1 cube), has great transient response, and can drop low. It is an old, old sub now, but my favorite by far has been the MASS 2012, and I just can't find a sub that is equal or better. The fs of the Q kind of makes me nervous, as the MASS was around 25 and the q is 34. My front stage consist of a DLS up6i set, being powered by an amp that is 150x2. The front stage sounds quite good for my taste. I've setup up the time alignment and eq the best I can. The wattage for the sub is a bit overkill for a SQ setup, but when I feel like cranking it up, I want the headroom there. I listen to a wide variety of music, so I just want all the bases covered, as much as I can, without breaking the bank.

Some of the options are obvious, like the high q, and inductance ring, but I don't know if I need the extra spider or cooling option.

Thanks for any help. Also, if there is another sub that fits my needs better, I'm open for suggestions.

Just for an example, not sure how it will sound from youtube, but at about 1:40 I believe it gets fairly low, sub 30hz, and I want this to be just as prominent as say 40hz...

Edited by splxtreme

Go to ficaraudio.com click on tech and look at the info for the Q. Cooling options give you more power handling. I would recommend them esp. In a sealed enclosure. I think the air in there gets warm. They have cut sheets for a sealed enclosure in the tech section of this forum.