JohnHinerman

volume and tunning??

Anyone be able to give me an idea of what this enclosure may be tuned to??

I have a picture and a sketch with the measurements I took. The bottom right drawing is the port. It is shaped like an L, and above that I was trying to show that it is 16" in height.

Any help would be great. Just trying to get a rough idea of what this enclosure is all about. It a "Turbo Vent" enclosure, could not find anything on the internet about them.

2012-05-04134907.jpg

2012-05-04134842.jpg

If I did it right, it should be about 40.5hz??

Impedance is highest at enclosure tuning. Therefore you could play a set of test tones, and measure the voltage at the amplifier's speaker terminals for each frequency with a dmm. Where ever the voltage is lowest, impedance is highest, and that's your enclosure tuning frequency.

*The speaker will not be disconnected for testing.

*There is no reason to play it loud for testing, I would do it at relatively low volume.

If you don't have any test tones, say so, and I can provide a link.

See below post.

Edited by stefanhinote

Impedance is highest at enclosure tuning. Therefore you could play a set of test tones, and measure the voltage at the amplifier's speaker terminals for each frequency with a dmm. Where ever the voltage is lowest, impedance is highest, and that's your enclosure tuning frequency.

*The speaker will not be disconnected for testing.

*There is no reason to play it loud for testing, I would do it at relatively low volume.

If you don't have any test tones, say so, and I can provide a link.

Impedance is not highest at tuning. There are two peaks one above and one below tuning. The impedance graph would look something like this (Blue Line) for a ported enclosure, this one is tuned to about 31hz.

boxtunning.jpg

OP, I have that enclosure figured at about 0.94ft^3 @ 44hz after port and driver displacement.

Good catch. Now I'm wondering why I ever thought that. trippy.gif

Stefanhinote, my measurements are internal measurements, (inside the box, the port walls act as the internal walls. I calculated about 2.12 ct foot for the enclosure, and port volume of .64 cu foot

Am I doing something wrong??

So not including the woofer (not sure how much volume it takes up) I'm coming up with ~38hz tuning. There is also about 2lbs of poly fill in it.

I'm not sure what the woofer displacement is, but