hey guyz... I thinking of painting my car a chameleon design. Now I know that the car has to be sanded down and primered and painted a first coat of black. This company is selling the paint to me by the gallons. They said it comes with the chameleon base coat and two other clear coats and some other things already mixed. It sounds like its ready to spray out of a gun. Is that base coat of the chameleon paint all I need for the actual paint? how many gallons do you think its gonna take to paint my full car? its a cadillac cts

If you are asking these questions, you have NO business painting your car. IT's not like painting a wall or anything else. It is truly an artform and takes years and years to master. You don't just simply sand, clean, and paint. I'm not trying to be a dick, but you shouldn't even be thinking about this, especially with a pearlescent paint. There is a reason good paint jobs are expensive. IF this is something you just HAVE to do, get some small amounts, get friendly with a local painter so you can rent a booth and learn some things, and practice on many panels first. I'd hate to see you screw up your car. I grew up in a body shop, have been messing with this type of stuff for about 25 years and I still suck at it and today's paints and materials are much more forgiving.

Listen to him hes a 100% right itis a very compilcated process ive been painting for years and i learn something new every time i can tell you this a truly good paint job is about 90% prep work