tbear55

anyone with experience powering a saz-2500d properly

I just got my 2500 and am wondering if my planned battery expansion will be enough to really get this amp going. This is my 1st experience with sundown product so I would like to know what other owners have done. As far as electrical goes I've got a 220 amp alt., big three, and an hc2400 along with a standard battery. I'm looking to change batteries to 2 xs3400's piggybacked with a xs680 with each one. Two runs of 0 awg. Will be running a yellow top upfront. That maxes out the space I've got to use. Will this be enough to power the amp up to be able to get enough power to compete? Is there a better configuration I could run? All advice appreciated! Thanks

Two XS 3400's would be plenty for that amp with your alternator. One run of power wire would be sufficient as well.

I'm currently running at two ohm and can't turn it up past about a third of gain without clipping. I know I'm underpowered now, will that be enough to burp at .5 ohm in comps? Xs is a new brand to me as well, I've always used kinetik, but everyone raves about them. I want to try them. Hey if that will work I would be tickled.

I'm currently running at two ohm and can't turn it up past about a third of gain without clipping. I know I'm underpowered now, will that be enough to burp at .5 ohm in comps? Xs is a new brand to me as well, I've always used kinetik, but everyone raves about them. I want to try them. Hey if that will work I would be tickled.

They will work just fine. I wouldn't advise a .5 load as it will void your warranty, but the XS D3400's will do the trick.

Thanks for the info!