Sign in to follow this  
tysonm

Wiring question

I am going to be building a box for my 12" ssa Icon in a month or two and I couldn't stand not having a sub in my car so I bought two 12" DVC Memphis PR's (250 rms each) and the box that they're in was built so the subs could have there own chambers so it has two ports (a port on the left side and a port on the right side) and it has two cup terminals (1 per sub). I have a mono block amp and I have two positives and two negatives running off my amp (1 pos. and 1 neg to each sub). 

I am not sure how the subs are wired inside the box so I don't know if they're parallel or series. I have a Cadence ZRS-8 which puts out 1500rms @ 1 ohm and 750 @ 2 ohm and 250 @ 4 ohm. So my question is, how should I wire the subs since I have two cup terminals to get the most output from my amp to the subs so it doesn't put as much strain on the amp?

Simple solution is that you can drill a tiny hole in between chambers and wire them all to one terminal cup, being that you probably won't be feeding 8 gauge wire between them.

No need. Check how they are wired in the box and just use all four of your outputs on your amp. Simple and no drilling. You didn't say what ohm the dvc Memphis are but I would wire them to you get a final load of 2 ohms on that amp so you don't pop the subs.

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp

Sorry about that, they are 4 ohm. So if I remember right, I can get them to 1 ohm?

Edited by Crash