Sign in to follow this  
gacker

Atomic 3000.1 keeps going into Protect Mode

It's an Atomic 3000.1

2 FI BLs @2ohms

1200 XS power battery in the rear

2 runs of 0 gauge wiring

stock alternator/front battery

Has been playing fine the past week or so, but as of yesterday, any time the volume gets turned up around halfway, nothing ridiculously maxed out, the subs make a funny noise and the amp goes into protection mode. I've already checked that the ground is good, no loose wires or anything touching metal, the usual routine checks..

Not sure if it is getting starved for power or what's wrong at all. I'm not 100% audio savey but I know bits and pieces here and there. The amp is an older model that was damaged when I bought it, but I sent it back to Atomic and they fixed it for a flat rate. As I said, it played for about a week or so quite fine, then began doing this.

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

It's an Atomic 3000.1

2 FI BLs @2ohms

2 runs of 0 gauge wiring

Has been playing fine the past week or so, but as of yesterday, any time the volume gets turned up around halfway, nothing ridiculously maxed out, the subs make a funny noise and the amp goes into protection mode. I've already checked that the ground is good, no loose wires or anything touching metal, the usual routine checks..

Not sure if it is getting starved for power or what's wrong at all. I'm not 100% audio savey but I know bits and pieces here and there. The amp is an older model that was damaged when I bought it, but I sent it back to Atomic and they fixed it for a flat rate. As I said, it played for about a week or so quite fine, then began doing this.

Check your voltage at the amp when the system is is Playing.

Also what ohms are you running it at? My bad 2 ohms.

It's an Atomic 3000.1

2 FI BLs @2ohms

2 runs of 0 gauge wiring

Also what ohms are you running it at?

I'll go buy a MM and I will, seem to have missplaced mine. -___- And at 2ohms, only drawing about 2200 watts from the amp.

It's an Atomic 3000.1

2 FI BLs @2ohms

2 runs of 0 gauge wiring

Also what ohms are you running it at?

I'll go buy a MM and I will, seem to have missplaced mine. -___- And at 2ohms, only drawing about 2200 watts from the amp.

I don't think your alternator is big enough to keep up.

But using a dmm to check your voltage is the only way to find out.

Have you done the big three?

What type of noise are they making?

Plays steady ranging from 13.4-13.9v amp goes into protect when it drops to about 12.9v

And it's kind of a popping noise for lack of. Better terminology, like a short 2 second drum roll of bass.