rybruce33

Best sound deadener (easily removable if any) out there??

Just bought my firdt classic car. 1966 Cadillac DeVille drop top. Have 1 jl w7 in trunk and she rattles like crazy. This is a classic worth money so I dont want to f anything up but need to get rid of the rsttles asap. Is there one that is somewhat easily removable that wint ruin the paint. If I ever sell, another collector wont buy with this installed.

Appreciate the advice and opinions!

I have never had to remove it, so not sure if I would be of any help.

Yikes, I posted a response within minutes of seeing the original post.  It has vaporized or my computer faulted out on the send.  Sorry for that.

The removable portion is actually self defeating.  The whole purpose of a constrained layer is to stick like hell so that it can absorb the energy.  That being said, I have never seen deadening devalue and vehicle when applied correctly.  That isn't some uber light sports coupe where people strip it of things so it would have no valuation change by having it in there.  It should also be 100% hidden so it wouldn't be known anyways.  Go for the gusto, do it right and don't look back!  Love the 66 btw.

Vibration control products must adhere permanently to the metal to work properly. 

The method for getting off that modest Sound Deadening is with dry ice and liquor, not heat. This science try solidifies the old sound stifling material and makes it simple to separate and eliminate.

On 9/4/2023 at 6:14 AM, laxante0 said:

The method for getting off that modest Sound Deadening is with dry ice and liquor, not heat. This science try solidifies the old sound stifling material and makes it simple to separate and eliminate.

Edited by Aaron Clinton