All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. GavinGood

Smelly subs

Or should I wire them both down to one spring terminal??? And wire it back to original outside +- ports ???
  3. GavinGood

Smelly subs

How do I fix this ???
  4. Randal Johnson

Smelly subs

You have the amplifier seeing screwed up ohm loads stressing the amplifier.
  5. GavinGood

Smelly subs

See what I mean... I was running outside + and - outside terminals so does that mean the inside terminals are set different ???
  6. GavinGood

Smelly subs

And like I said up above the amp used to run both 10s off of one +- on amp now they are wired individually so is that the problem??
  7. GavinGood

Smelly subs

So I need to turn my bass boat down ??? I am not familiar on amps and I don’t want to drive 30 min again for them to “Tune” it so I’m trying to fix it all myself
  8. Randal Johnson

Smelly subs

My bass boost on my sub amplifier is set to zero. Crossover setting at 70 htz seems fine. I’m thinking you may have changed the ohm load the amplifier sees when you changed enclosures.
  9. topgun

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Wear pants next time?
  10. dem beats

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Any home remedies boys? My labia are really bruised up from these stings.
  11. GavinGood

Smelly subs

The wire did turn a darker color and seemed to heat my amp up more.. do you have any suggestions on what I should do?? Should I tune my amp on a 50hz pull with a dmm ??
  12. Tirefryr

Smelly subs

You stated your amp settings were changed as well. Keep in mind the vented enclosure changes how the drivers react as well. You gain cone control in the passband, but go under that and your asking for mechanical issues quite easily. If the speaker wire was an issue, it would be hot or melting. This will only happen if the wire is too small that it causes a resistance increase akin to a bad connection. The wire will heat up and degrade though. THe only thing this will do to the subs is cause voltage drop limiting output.
  13. dem beats

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Thankfully I dressed to the left and the most agressive warrior went right. Saved by the southpaw today.
  14. GavinGood

Randal's GMT400 "Phantom Dually" Build

Yeah when I redid the cab bushings on the 77 I was planing on using Eastwood rust encapsulator. But money was tight so we just cleaned the frame good and put it back together....
  15. Randal Johnson

Nice Ride Sir.
  16. Randal Johnson

Damn, just thought about something. I haven’t got around to notching the frame. Shit. This really needs to be done before I reinstall the bed.
  17. Randal Johnson

Buick Century - active 3way + sub w/ nexus 7

The backing is not going to do anything, it’s the carpet that stops the bouncing waves from the windshield and the vinyl dash. Removes the Echo so to speak. Awesome man, damn I wish I could sit in on the tune. The way this is fully on axis is very interesting for sure !!!
  18. ///M5

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Oh fuck
  19. dem beats

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Dropped my phone while mowing. ...next to a yellow jacket nest I didnt know about. Why do they go up the shorts? Can they tell? Do they go for the warmest spot???? FML
  20. Yesterday
  21. GavinGood

Smelly subs

So what do I do to make them not smell ? The only thing that I switched from running not ported to ported was the wiring from amp to box... the non ported box only used one set of +- on amp but the ported is running both +-. Btw I was running 14 AWG on non ported and 18 gauge on this one but Tuesday it will be on 12AWG PICTURE BELOW
  22. ///M5

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I don't fit in all women either.
  23. Tirefryr

Sub going off but it’s not hooked to a fuse

Do you mean your amp is shutting off? Like, you accelerate and the amp cuts out? If that's the case, it sounds as if you have a loose connection and it's exacerbated by the movement from accelerating.
  24. Tirefryr

Smelly subs

The wire is NOT going to do anything. Crutchfield is good to buy stuff from, but unfortunately, their "advisors" do not know much. The 16 gauge is more than adequate. Current is relatively low. You're not going to see the damage. Think about it. The drivers stink and they're not supposed to stink. They're reaching their thermal limits and you're smelling the burning adhesive and/or coil varnish or maybe even the coil itself. I'm almost certain you're reaching mechanical limits as well. I'm guessing you're tuned right around the setpoint of the bass boost circuit on your amp, and the boost is set halfway up. This is just an assumption, but common sense is hitting you right in the nose, so make sure you take heed.
  25. Tirefryr

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I fit in EVERYTHING!
  26. Tirefryr

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Didn't Neal offer his garage?
  27. Tirefryr

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

. . . . Hence why I said you could get a Vette and truck. Last Jeep I saw was over $100K.
  1. Load more activity