All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. GavinGood

Randal's GMT400 "Phantom Dually" Build

My dad 2 years ago bought a project truck that we are going to make nicer but not show quality! He bought this 1977 Chevy k10 because his dad had a 1979 Chevy k10... This is the state that the truck is in now... but it’s actually put back together 100%.. took it for a quick drive and the clutch bell crank fell off come to find out we need to do a rebuild kit for clutch fork and other things.
  3. Today
  4. Randal Johnson

Thank you Sir. The primary goals for this truck Is not too far from being done, which is the static 4/6 drop and the Dually conversion. I have two other projects with Audio / Video in the works so not much (if any) Audio will be going in this vehicle. For me and my son, this is an old school project paying homage to slammed full sizes and mini trucks. What I'm seriously considering is a double diamond tilt bed setup. I don’t remember ever seeing a Dually Tilt Bed low rider back in the day. Should be fun !!! thanks for posting !!!
  5. GavinGood

dude thats pretty awesome!! I just recently bought a 97 z71 for work and doing a little audio stuff to it but thats sick what yall did
  6. GavinGood

Smelly subs

The only reason I was listing peak wattage is because I only smell it at high power and they are ran to separate spring terminals so I smell it at peak . But hopefully, this new 12 AWG wire will do the trick... I've ordered it along with Rockford front door speakers and kicker rear... Schedule delivery is next Tuesday so ill let yall know next week if that fixed my problem or not.
  7. Aaron Clinton

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Minor update on the lexus, I won the fight with Geico (mostly). But now there are zero body shops with an opening for non-insurance work for over 2.5 months. I did find a resto shop that is taking a look at it. Someone did offer to buy it too. So very soon, the car is either going into a resto shop to bring it back or we say good bye to both the RX330 and IS300. Wife's Escape is being delivered Monday, so I might transition to the XC60 for the daily for a little while and occasionally drive the RX8. Maybe down the road, reassess for a personal daily driver.
  8. Aaron Clinton

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Damn kids, making you love them and want to raise them right.
  9. Aaron Clinton

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Yes please. I'm loving mustangs more and more.
  10. ///M5

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Corvette is $60k
  11. ///M5

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

They are $20k off. Work would lease it for me. At the end of the lease it would be. 30k mile truck I could buy for $35k. A used stock Tahoe would cost more. I really wish Ford would step up on the fun train that Dodge is on.
  12. Tirefryr

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Good man!
  13. Tirefryr

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Fuck the Jeep. For that money, you can have the Vette AND a new pickup.
  14. ///M5

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Chose my kids instead
  15. ///M5

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Just turned down the job I am a perfect fit for.
  16. ///M5

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Mr Non-GM may have 2 in a row
  17. ///M5

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Have a quote for a Trackhawk. It could temporarily cure the need for a car too since it is new....but I have a C8 Vette on order
  18. ///M5

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Trying to make sure I go forward with my first ever brand new car purchase.
  19. ///M5

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=519858886&zip=55391&referrer=%2Fcars-for-sale%2Fsearchresults.xhtml%3Fzip%3D55391%26keywordPhrases%3DSupercharger%26listingTypes%3DUSED%26startYear%3D2017%26sortBy%3DderivedpriceASC%26incremental%3Dall%26firstRecord%3D0%26marketExtension%3Don%26modelCodeList%3DMUST%26makeCodeList%3DFORD%26searchRadius%3D0%26trimCodeList%3DMUST%7CGT%2CMUST%7CGT%2BPremium%2CMUST%7CShelby%2BGT350%2CMUST%7CShelby%2BGT500&listingTypes=USED&startYear=2017&numRecords=25&firstRecord=0&modelCodeList=MUST&makeCodeList=FORD&searchRadius=0&makeCode1=FORD&modelCode1=MUST&clickType=listing
  20. dem beats

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Jesus. I wont tell you how much less than that i just struggled for with one rep... but that's fucking strong. I could say that chest day held me back but I did so much less it's silly. Far cry from when I was overhead pressing 275 for reps in highschool. Fuck my life, I'm falling apart.
  21. Yesterday
  22. Randal Johnson

Dually Fenders are done dude !!! Can't wait to get these fenders mounted to the bed !!! Time to get back to work on the Phantom Dickle !!!
  23. Aaron Clinton

Smelly subs

I also notice you're listing peak wattage. That is something never to take into account. RMS of 300 and you are sending them roughly double that often. Also I notice you have bass boost turned up past 0.
  24. GavinGood

Smelly subs

I just talked to Crutchfield and they think they know what the problem is and come to think about it that makes more sense... I am currently running 18 gauge from sub to box and they said for that watt im pushing out that I should be running minimum 12 gauge...
  25. Aaron Clinton

Smelly subs

Ahhh SOB, yep missed that part. D'oh
  26. I have a problem with my mtx 12s everything is hooked up but when I press the gas the subs go off and i thought it was the fuse it was hooked to but i switched the fuse and it kept doing it so I took it off the fuse and left it off but I started driving home and the subs kept going off what could it be I need help
  27. GavinGood

Smelly subs

Thanks for your response! The subs still look in perfect condition and still perform as they should! The subs are rated for 1.2 - 1.8 cubic feet of air space but crutch field said 2.0 cubic feet would work just fine. Peak watts are 600 per sub and 300 RMS per sub. I've taken the subs out and checked everything and they still look brand new and they don't make a crunchy noise when you push on the cone... The guys at the audio store told me that it should be fine but I don't want to mess it up.
  28. Tirefryr

Smelly subs

YOu missed the vented part didn't you. Unfortunately, just looking at the dials on the amp isn't going to give us the info we need. The smell could be harmless or it could be, and more likely IS, that you are reaching the thermal limits on the driver. It may be adhesive or the coil burning. You've likely already caused some damage as well. Given the fact the enclosure is now vented gives the scent a straight path to your nose now, but it's also most plausibly the reason you're reaching their limits in the first place. I would be willing to bet the enclosure is tuned relatively high and you reaching past the mechanical limits as well. It would be great to know your enclosure tuning and vent size also, but we're still at a loss on the power side.
  1. Load more activity