Sign in to follow this  
blkjck

box noise or sub

this may sound funny but I built a new box today and the program from baec1 say that it is 2.1 after displacement and tuned to about 29 htz when I put the sub on I had a pop sound on heavy bass notes but I can't tell if it is coming from the sub or the port same amp as last box had to turn the gains down in the new box for fear of damage but I never heard this with the old box which was about 2.4 at 33 htz I did notice that I did not screw the port board to the top of the box only the bottom has anyone had this and does it sound like the pop from the sub next box is going to be sealed I am not smart enough for making ported boxes :thud:

What????????? Where's the grammar ninja when you need him???? Holy run-on sentence Batman!!!!

Seriously though...... Did you use glue on the port? It could be a vibration if not. Or you could be unloading the driver if you are feeding a lot of power under tuning. What amp are you running? And does it do it at any volume?

I am running about 600 watts to it from a diamond 600.2 and I did half ass it with the glue there at the end. I am pretty sure that it is the port that is vibrating, like I said it only does it on deep bass notes and at high volume. The box is almost exactly what the spec sheet says, about 2.1 ft^3 at 29 htz. the 1200.1 diamond is on the way with that kind of power should I just put it in a sealed box? I know I can build one of those.

I'd just try and fix the vent some how. YOu should be fine with the power.

my vega's use to make that noise, but it was the cone hitting the speaker terminals on the back.