Sign in to follow this  
07ZX10

FI SSD OR Q 18"

ok, i wanted a btl or bl, but i really dont have the power for one and i dont want to have to change sub amps either. So i run my crossfire vr1000d, birthsheet rating is 1300 at 13.8. Car is just for winter driving or rainy days, i listen to mostly rock, metal, and then every once in while some rap. Anyway with my box i have now, 8 cubes tuned to 34hz which one better to use SSD18 or Q18"? I need it be at 1 ohm also. thanks

if your more in too rock then rap, and it has to be a 18". go with the ssd. if you need a little more performance in the spl range, get the bl, but 1300 watts might not be enough. close call.

i listen to mostly godsmack, seether, kid rock, then some older rap stuff too.

ok,, i sold my crossfire to buddy of mine tonight, and probably order mtx ta81001 this weekend. Its rated at 1500x1 at 1 ohm, and most people i have talked to say its under rated and most do 1600-1700rms. so with that i think i will go with 1 Q 18". Does that sound better? thanks again for help. Here where i live only can buy kicker, rockford, alpine, and jl audio, so not much to choose from

ok,, i sold my crossfire to buddy of mine tonight, and probably order mtx ta81001 this weekend. Its rated at 1500x1 at 1 ohm, and most people i have talked to say its under rated and most do 1600-1700rms. so with that i think i will go with 1 Q 18". Does that sound better? thanks again for help. Here where i live only can buy kicker, rockford, alpine, and jl audio, so not much to choose from

1600-1700 is just a bit 2 much for a Q imo, so with that power go with a BL

1600-1700 is just a bit 2 much for a Q imo, so with that power go with a BL

There's nothing that says you're required to send a woofer all the power you have...if he reaches his desired volume with 1kW, why go beyond that?

well, i also was not sure if i would be happy with 1200 watts on a q or ssd, so i sold that amp and will have the 81001 maybe next week, and with that just go ahead and get the BL since i listen a little bit of everything. I think i just need to P chamfer, cooling, and the daily options? does that sound correct

Edited by 07ZX10

i got civic hatchback, no backseat, crx style box sub up port back. I had 2 L7 15s in it, just going to change the top. Any idea for options, just p chamfer and cooling added should be ok? thanks

Sign in to follow this